February 21 to April 13, 2020
How Tufts changes will depend on the candidates you elect to the Board of Trustees and the Alumni Council. Tufts needs your vote today.
Trustees control budgets, academic affairs, tuition, faculty, and facilities for every Tufts undergraduate and graduate school. The Alumni Council influences everything from career services to reunions to programs in your area. In other words, the people elected to these two governing bodies will impact every aspect of the Tufts experience.
Check your email for a reminder to vote! You can also vote using the links on this website.
All alumni may vote for Alumni Trustee, but only school-specific alumni may vote for Alumni Council candidates from the school(s) from which they've graduated.
Click on a link below to vote, enter your email address, and cast your vote!
The Tufts University Board of Trustees has 40 members, of whom 10 are elected by alumni. The Board of Trustees is the managing authority of the university and makes critical decisions on budgets, academic affairs, tuition, faculty, and buildings and services impacting all three campuses and all seven schools.
All Tufts graduates are members of the Tufts University Alumni Association, which is led by the Alumni Council. They organize a number of programs to benefit the more than 100,000 Tufts alumni, including career services, reunions, lifelong learning, regional activities, alumni awards, and the nomination of candidates for the university’s Board of Trustees and the Alumni Council itself.
Candidates from the School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Engineering
When can I vote?
The elections are open from February 21 through April 13, 2020.
How can I vote?
Alumni will receive email reminders with voting links for Alumni Trustee as well as for Alumni Council, including links to candidate bios and statements. During the voting period, alumni will receive weekly email reminders. If you've already voted, please disregard these reminders.
- Click on the voting links for Alumni Trustee or Alumni Council. You'll vote once for Alumni Trustee and once for Council reps from the school(s) with which you're affiliated.
- If you have more than one school affiliation (i.e., Double Jumbo), then you may click on all schools with which you are affiliated. Only one vote per alum will be tallied per school-specific ballot.
- For example, if you are A&S and TUSM, then you may vote for Alumni Council representatives from A&S (one ballot) and from TUSM (separate ballot).
- Authenticate by providing your email address.
- If the email you provide matches what we have on file, then you'll be able to access the ballot to vote. By authenticating, you confirm that you are an alum from that school within Tufts. You have three attempts to authenticate.
- If you're unable to authenticate or otherwise unable to vote *, please contact email@example.com or 617.627.4039 for assistance.
* If you are unable to authenticate and vote online, it is because Tufts does not have an email on file for you, has an outdated email, or you have opted out of receiving email from Tufts.
I didn’t get the election email from Tufts. What do I do?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-627-4039 to receive an email with links to vote. The links are also on this website.
I don’t have an email address. How can I vote?
Please call 617-627-4039, and we will accommodate you.
When will I know who won?
The results will be posted to the Tufts Alumni and Friends website after the April 25, 2020 TUAA Annual Meeting and will be announced in the alumni e-newsletter.