Candidate to represent the School of Arts & Sciences on the Alumni Council.
STATEMENT: As a double Jumbo, I have always been incredibly committed to Tufts. As an undergraduate I was heavily involved in on-campus activities such as being a tour guide, co-chair of Programming Board/Tufts University Social Collective (TUSC), and a FOCUS pre-orientation leader. I completed my undergraduate degree in Engineering Psychology in 2016 and remained on the hill one more year to receive my MS in Human Factors in 2017. Since completing my studies, my commitment to Tufts has held strong, including a semester teaching an ExCollege class on inclusive product design in 2019 and a few semesters serving as a TA for an undergraduate user interface design course.
My undergraduate classmates elected me as an Alumni Council Transitional Member representing the Class of 2016. I started my term as Co-Chair of the Student and Young Alumni Engagement Committee, a position I held for three years. Throughout my time on this committee, I was interested in learning about students’ and young alumni’s perspectives toward Tufts and analyzing these findings to understand how the Council can best serve our peers. Over the past five years, I have also been focused on working toward making the Tufts Alumni Council more demographically representative of the actual alumni body and advocating for changes to make the Council more effective and efficient. If elected, I plan to continue this work so that the Tufts Alumni Council can better support all alumni, regardless of class year, school, or Tufts experience. I want to bring more voices to the Council, particularly those of young alumni, and continue to support the Council in its mission to improve the alumni experience.
- MS, Human Factors, School of Engineering, Tufts University, 2017
- BS, Engineering Psychology, minor in Engineering Management, School of Arts & Sciences, Tufts University, 2016
- Senior Human Factors Specialist, Emergo by UL
- 5th Reunion Committee Member, 2020 – Present
- 5th Reunion Class Gift Officer, 2020 – Present
- Interviewer, Tufts University Admissions Network (TAN), 2016 – Present
- Transitional Member, Tufts Alumni Council, 2016 – Present
- Member, Alumni Resources Committee, 2020 – Present
- Co-chair, Student and Young Alumni Engagement, 2016 – 2019
- Member, Strategic Planning Committee, 2017 – 2018
- Visiting Lecturer, Experimental College, Fall 2019
- Member, Student Fund Committee, 2013 – 2015
OTHER PROFESSIONAL / VOLUNTEER AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Treasurer, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, New England Chapter, 2017 – Present
TUFTS FAMILY: Edward W. Greenspoon, A59, great uncle