Candidate to represent the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences and Engineering on the Alumni Council.
STATEMENT: It is with humble honor that I accept the Alumni Council’s nomination to seek election to the Council as a representative for the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences and Engineering (GSASE). My nomination has filled me with a strong sense of pride, and I would like to thank the entire nominating committee for this singular honor. I am deeply honored to know that my fellow alumni felt me worthy of such an important responsibility. If elected to serve, I understand that I will be required to work with colleagues to lead and manage alumni activities, grow the alumni community, and promote the philanthropy of the University.
As the GSASE’s next representative in Council, I will commit to working with colleagues to oversee the administration of the alumni career services program so that alumni can find the resources that they need to obtain gainful employment and promote substantive professional development programs. I will also commit to working tirelessly as an advocate for new graduates, especially first generation new graduates (first in their family to obtain higher education, like myself), seeking employment.
I have been fortunate enough to have served in a number of diverse roles over the last 10 years managing products, services, research projects, and processes for research and development entities by using advanced analytics and a strong quality management system.
Currently, I am serving as the Project Manager of Quality and Regulatory Affairs at Global Protection Corp in the Boston Seaport District. Utilizing a service-based model of leadership, my work at Global Protection is focused on setting program strategy, schedules, and resource alignment with a focus on critical success factors and minimizing contingencies.
If elected to serve on the Tufts Alumni Council, I will use my technical expertise and organizational skills to support our Alumni Council activities, grow our Alumni civic engagement, and deliver for the members of the Alumni community. My ability to develop goals, manage project scope, and schedule sets up a solid framework for Alumni Council program strategy. Further, my ability to have crucial conversations with stakeholders when opinions vary and emotions run high makes me uniquely qualified to affect change in institutional settings. Lastly, I am committed to establishing great working relationships within our community which I believe is critical to success.
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Montana State University-Bozeman
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Quantic School of Business & Technology
- Master of Science (MS), Tufts University
- Engineer/Project Manager of Quality & Regulatory Affairs, Global Protection Corp
- Engineer II – Device & Combination Products, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Product Specialist, Advantage Solutions: Sales, Marketing, Technology
- Biomedical Engineer Intern, LiquiGlide, Inc.
- Research Assistant, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Quality Control Associate, Orbital/ATK
- Biomedical Engineering & Chemical Engineering Society at Tufts University (BeaChEs), 2018-2020
- Graduate Student Council at Tufts University
- Mexican American Engineering Society at Tufts University
- Society of Latinx Engineers and Scientists at Tufts University
OTHER PROFESSIONAL / VOLUNTEER AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES:
- National Scientific Volunteer Database: Massachusetts State Coordinator
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- Ronald E. McNair Scholars Alumni
- TRiO Scholars Alumni
- Idea Network for Biomedical Research Excellence at the NIH