Arts & Sciences, Engineering and SMFA undergraduate and graduate alumni can schedule 50 minute appointments by phone or Zoom with an alumni career advisor through our Handshake system. Daily and evening hours are available. Tufts Graduate and Professional School alumni should check their career center's website for advising options.
CAREER ADVISING POLICY:
Appropriate topics for career advising appointments include discussions about career exploration and self-assessment, career search, job search strategy, interviewing, resume and cover letter review, and graduate school statement review. While there are no defined limits on frequency and overall number of appointments, our advising seeks to identify and achieve realistic goals with our alumni. The advising staff reserves the right to limit appointments based on wait times. Appointments are free of charge and are typically conducted by phone and online through Zoom. Tufts Alumni Career Advisors do not provide mental health counseling, legal advice or consultation on business start-ups.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
- Click on the button on the right side of this screen to access Handshake.
- On the Handshake log in page, click the link below the blue box that reads: "You can also sign in with your email address." You need not use a @tufts.edu address!
- If you believe you have an existing, active profile with an @tufts.edu address but you no longer have access, please create a new account with an active email address. New account requests are usually approved within 24 hours.
- If you have any trouble, please contact the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you are in Handshake:
- Click on Career Center in the upper right.
- Scroll down and click on Appointments, then click on the blue box that reads Schedule A New Appointment
- Select the Category: Alumni Advising- AS&E and SMFA
- Select the Appointment Type: A&S, Engineering and SMFA 50 Minute Appointment or Mock Interview
- Find an available date and time. You will receive a confirmation email with instructions for phone and Zoom along with the name of your advisor.