Arts & Sciences, Engineering and SMFA alumni can schedule appointments with a career advisor in Alumni Career Services. Tufts professional school alumni can learn about the many resources tailored to their career fields and industry expertise through their career center's website.
The Professional Development Series webinars, led by alumni and career experts, are available on our YouTube playlist. Salary negotiation, LinkedIn tips, crafting an elevator pitch, and other timely topics!
Job listings including part-time, freelance, and gig sites, international job search, staffing agencies, and more!
Everything you need for career development: self-assessment tools; upskilling and professional development resources; resume, CV, portfolio, and cover letter samples; networking best practices, value proposition, interviewing prep, references, and offer and salary negotiation.
Young alum, mid-career, approaching retirement? Laid off? Returning to work? Veteran? Resources for every age and phase of your life.
Resources for people of color, the international community, women, LGBT, undocumented individuals and individuals with disabilities and illness.
Advice on timeline, choosing programs, testing, personal statements, letters of recommendation and more.
Job Listings By Tufts School
For Arts & Sciences, Engineering & SMFA Alumni:
The job listings platform, Handshake, is open to alumni of A&S, Engineering and SMFA. Search hundreds of jobs, set up search agents using custom criteria, upload your resume for employers to view, and access career resources.
Alumni Login Log-in here if you already have an account.
- New user? Learn how to create an account.
- If you believe you may already have an account, select "Forgot your password."
- The Career Center is happy to set up an account for you. Call (617) 627-5741.
For Tufts' Professional School Alumni:
Career Services by School Go to your Tufts graduate school's career center to access job listings and other resources exclusively provided for alumni.
General Search Engines
Job Search Success Secrets webinar with Leslie Warner of Tufts Alumni Career Services
SimplyHired, Indeed, CareerJet, LinkUp, The Ladders, ZipRecruiter - Aggregrators that search for jobs on company pages and other search engines
Monster and Career Builder - Services for job seekers and employers with extensive career advice and information
JOBipedia - Human resource professionals at large companies answer questions about applications, interviews, and more
The Muse - Job listings, employer profiles, and helpful career advice on a variety of topics
International Job Search
- GoinGlobal - View e-books with industry trends, job search info, and cultural advice for 40 countries. This resource can be accessed in the Resources section of the Handshake platform.
- Work Abroad
Part Time, Freelance & Flexible
- AARP's Part-time Jobs for Boomers
- Flexjobs - Flexible, telecommuting, part-time jobs
- Upwork - Freelance jobs
Specialties: accounting, engineering, finance, customer service, creative, hospitality, IT, marketing and science.
Address: 99 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02110
Specialties: accounting & finance, administrative health services, administrative, architecture, clinical research, energy, engineering, environmental, labor, manufacturing, mortgage, scientific.
Address: 25 Braintree Hill Park Suite 402, Braintree, MA 02184
Specialties: applications development and infrastructure support.
Address: 185 Devonshire Street, Suite 100, Boston, MA 02110
Specialties: IT & technology, accounting & finance, human resources, administrative, legal, sales.
Address: 260 Franklin Street 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02110 (and offices in New Hampshire).
Specialties: nonprofits (accounting & finance, executive, human resources, fundraising, communications & marketing, information technology, administrative).
Address: 33 N. Dearborn Suite 1610, Chicago, IL 60602 (and offices in Washington DC, San Francisco).
Specialties: life sciences (primarily science, engineering, and green technologies).
Address: 11 Walpole Street, Norwood, MA 02062
Specialties: IT, administrative, payroll, marketing and creative services.
Address: Ten Post Office Square, Suite 800 South, Boston, MA 02109
Address: 133 Federal Street, 7th floor, Boston, MA 02110
Specialties: software/hardware engineering, design & drafting, programming.
Address: 70 Blanchard Road, Suite 102, Burlington, MA 01803
Specialties: accounting & finance, creative & digital, engineering, financial services, healthcare, human resources, legal, nonprofits, office support, pharma, technology.
Address: 211 Congress Street Suite 220, Boston, MA 02110 (and offices in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois).
Address: 333 Washington Street, 8th floor, Boston, MA 02108
Specialties: technology, accounting & finance, administrative & HR.
Address: 75 State Street, 9th Floor, Boston, MA 02109
Specialties: finance & accounting, education, engineering, information technology, law, science and healthcare.
Address: 10 Post Office Square, Boston, MA 02109
Specialties: executive search, nonprofits & NGOs, higher education, responsible businesses & social enterprises.
Address: 575 Boylston Street, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02116 (and offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Newburyport, San Francisco).
Specialties: accounting & finance, call center & customer service, creative & marketing, engineering, hospitality, human resources, industrial & manufacturing, IT, office & administrative, sales, skilled trades, transportation & warehousing.
Address: 93 Franklin Street, Boston, MA
Specialties: Allied Health, Healthcare Information Management, Nursing, Physician.
Address: 110 Second Avenue, Needham, MA, 02494
Specialties: Nonprofits (executive search, direct hire, interim professionals/consultants).
Address: 515 Madison Avenue, Suite 1100 New York, NY 10022
Specialties: office administration, creative & marketing, financial services, healthcare & nursing, human resources, accounting & finance, IT & hardware support, higher education, call center, sales.
Address: 155 Federal Street, Boston, MA 02110
Specialties: accounting, administrative, finance, medical, technology.
Address: 15 Broad Street, #612, Boston, MA 02109
Specialties: accounting & finance, office & administrative, technology & IT, creative & marketing, legal, executive search.
Address: 125 High Street, Oliver Street Tower 17th Floor, Boston, MA, 02110, US (and other international offices).
Specialties: nonprofit executive search.
Address: 576 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, CA 94111 (and offices in New York, Chicago, Portland, Seattle, Denver, Dallas, Charlotte).
Specialties: pharmaceutical and biotech.
Address: 1 Cate Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801-3735
Specialties: engineering, design & drafting, and R&D & technology support.
Address: 131 Middlesex Turnpike, Burlington, MA 01803
Specialties: accounting & finance, human resources, technology, administrative.
Address: 880 Winter Street Suite 200, Waltham, MA 02451 (and another office in New York).
Career Self Assessment
Contact us to learn about the career assessments that are offered free of charge and interpreted by alumni career advisors.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), a personality assessment
- SkillScan, a skills assessment
- Strong Interest Inventory, an interests assessment
Additional resources for assessment:
- Career Circle
- Career Assessment Exercises - A variety of self-inventories, ranging from telling your story to defining core competencies and goal setting
- Franklin Covey Mission Statement Builder - An exercise to add focus, direction, and a sense of purpose to your daily decisions
- O*Net OnLine - U.S. Department of Labor database of occupations
- Skills Center - Profiler allows you to build a list of skills, identify occupations that require your skills, and identify any gaps in skills and/or education for particular occupations
- CliftonStrengths 34 - A new and improved version of Gallup's popular assessment, based on the concept "do what you do best"
- What Color is Your Parachute? - Companion piece to the best-selling career book in the world; includes information for career changers
- What's Your Skillset - Free access to What’s Your Skillset, located under the Assessment category
Professional Development & Upskilling
- edX and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) - Online courses for career development, changing careers, college preparations, supplemental learning, lifelong learning, corporate eLearning & training, and more.
- Alison - Free online courses across a wide range of fields
- Udemy - Online courses at a low cost
- Coursera - Build skills with courses, certificates and online degrees
- Skillshare - Courses for skill building in creative and business fields
- Career Circle - Thousands of courses offered directly from vendors like Salesforce and Coursera.
- LinkedIn Learning - Offering video courses taught by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills.
- Pathstream - Learning for digital skill careers.
- Harvard Institute for Learning in Retirement - HILR offers over 120 courses a year, each meeting in person in seminar-style classes.
- Tufts University College and the Osher Institute for Lifelong Learning - OLLI offers a wide range of educational and social programs, including lectures, interactive study groups, special-interest clubs, and more, all offered in a welcoming, pressure-free environment.
Resumes & Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Make Your Resume POP! webinar with Leslie Warner of Tufts Alumni Career Services
- Online Portfolios
Cover Letters, Email & Other Correspondence
Market Your Brand: Cover Letters and More webinar with Leslie Warner of Tufts Alumni Career Services
Networking & LinkedIn
We've dedicated a whole section to Networking & LinkedIn, including separate links to all of Tufts' online networking communities.
Interviewing is a skill. The more you practice, the better you’ll do. Schedule a mock interview with an alumni career advisor.
Use Big Interview, our interview training system, to strengthen your interviewing skills anytime, from anywhere. Learn more and register for a Big Interview account
Alumni Career Services facilitates live webinars several times a year about best practices and tips for interviewing. Check out the Events & News page to find the next webinar and to access recorded webinars on the Tufts Alumni Career Services playlist on YouTube.
Your Elevator Pitch: Your 30 and 90 Second Introduction webinar on creating a strong introduction to employers, customers, or network contacts in 30-90 seconds.
- References and Letters of Recommendation
Job Offers & Salary Negotiation
Advice For All Candidates: Evaluating and Negotiating Job Offers
- Salary Negotiation: Get Paid What You're Worth webinar with Leslie Warner of Tufts Alumni Career Services
- Chris Voss at Talks at Google discussing his book, Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It. A former FBI lead international kidnapping negotiator, Voss breaks down strategies so that anyone can use them in the workplace, in business, or at home.
Advice for Entry Level Candidates
- Real Word Ready is a series of online courses covering everything from personal finance and job offer negotiation to employer benefits, apartment leases, and more. To create a Real World Ready account, log into Handshake and view Resources in the Career Center drop-down menu.
- Educate to Career (ETC) Job Seekers Salary Calculator will ask you for information relating to your education, employment history, and other factors, to create compensation and employment guidance for you.
- Personal Branding Blog - This site offers a wealth of career advice and many blog entries about salary negotiation.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook shows industry information, growth projections, and average salary information.
- Glassdoor provides an inside look at salaries, reviews, and interview questions posted by employees and interview candidates at over 100,000 organizations.
- Salary.com offers compensation information for individuals, business managers, and human resource professionals.
- LiveCareer's Salary Calculator
- SalaryExpert is a leading provider of online compensation data, including comparison costs between locations.
Cost of Living
- Sperling’s Best Places compares cities and costs.
- Homefair lets you calculate moving costs, compare schools, and more.
- GoinGlobal provides industry trends, job search information, and cultural advice in 40 countries. For access, log in to Handshake, then click on Resources in the Career Center drop-down menu.
- CareerBliss offers a variety of great tools and resources (salary, company reviews, career advice) to help you make better-informed career decisions.
- LifeHacker provides a simplified comparison of salary from city to city based on information from Money magazine.
- Nerdwallet allows you to compare housing, transportation, food, and other costs between major cities in all states, and to research demographic info, employment data, and more.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics shows regional costs, employment trends, and other important career information.
- PayScale's Salary Negotiation Guide - PayScale is a salary comparison site that offers helpful articles about evaluating companies/jobs and the corresponding salaries, as well as a salary negotiation guide with helpful tips for job seekers at all levels.
- Negotiation Tactics 101 - These videos feature negotiation expert Professor Leigh Thompson from Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management. In under an hour you can learn the basics, find out how to avoid pitfalls, prepare your argument, and develop your BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement).
- 5 Top Negotiation Tips - Molly Fletcher, nicknamed by CNN as “The Female Jerry Maguire,” has spent nearly two decades representing top sports figures, including Major League Baseball All-Stars, professional golfers, championship NBA and NCAA coaches, and media personalities. She is the only female agent to close more than $500 million in deals and the author of A Winner’s Guide to Negotiating: How Conversation Gets Deals Done. In this article she shares her five best negotiating tips.
- Personal SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) in job negotiation (can be useful for interview preparation as well)
- Applying to Graduate School
Silver Lining - Job platform for those who have been laid off. Their community mission is to provide the resources and support to help you through this challenging time and catapult you into the next chapter.
Layoff Network/Layoff List - Brought to you by recruiting website Drafted, for those who are laid off and recruiters looking to hire
- Advanced Degree Holders
Mid-Life & Retirement
- Tufts Alumni Shared Interest Group: Tufts Senior Connection (55+)
- Tufts University College and the Osher Institute for Lifelong Learning
- AARP's Part-time Jobs for Boomers
- Great Jobs for Everyone 50+
- Encore Careers
- Center for Retirement Research at Boston College
- Harvard Institute for Learning in Retirement
- New Retirement's Best Jobs After Retirement
- New Retirement's How to Find Jobs for Seniors
- Fellowships and Gap Year - Features short-term work experiences
- Jobipedia - Entry level jobs and internships
- One Day, One Job - Entry level employers
- What Can I Do With This Major? - Career paths organized by field of study, including sample employers and strategies for pursuing particular fields
Returning to Work
- Apres - For women returning to the workforce
- iRelaunch - The Returning to Work experts
- Women Back to Work - For women returning to work
Resources for Diverse Communities
Tufts Career Center Resources for Diverse Populations
The Career Center Diversity Resources website has tools to support the career development efforts of many populations including:
- African American Alumni
- Asian American Alumni
- International Alumni
- Latino Alumni
- LGBTQ Alumni
- Native American Alumni
- Alumni with Disabilities
- Alumni with Undocumented Status
Interstride: A Resource for International Alumni & Students
Interstride is a tool to enhance the career exploration and job search experience for international students and alumni. Along with job listings, real-time hiring trends, employer information, and tailored assessment tests, the portal offers guidance on overcoming cultural differences, becoming a better networker, and making the most out of the international experience.
Alumni: When asked for "university email" on the log in page, please use an active email address (personal or work). You will be asked to provide information which will be forwarded to the Tufts Career Center for approval.
- Alumni Shared Interest Groups: Culture and Identity
Career & Industry Resources A-Z
A-Z Lists & Databases
- ASAE Directories - Locate professional associations within your field of interest
- Careers A-Z - Alphabetical list of career resources by field/industry
- O*Net OnLine - U.S. Department of Labor database of occupations
- Tisch Library Databases such as ABI/INFORM Collection - Business research database which includes important full‐text journals and much sought‐after titles from the business press as well as key trade publications, dissertations, conference proceedings, and market reports. Alumni can access library databases through the Tufts Online Community.
- CareerInfo app - CareerInfo, developed by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), helps you find data and information about employment, pay, career outlook, required skills and experience, typical education, and more for hundreds of detailed occupations.
Early Childhood, Elementary & Secondary
- NAIS - National Association of Independent Schools job listings in private and independent schools
- SchoolSpring - Educator and school jobs
Higher Education: Faculty & Administrative
Angel List - Startup companies
- GovLoop, USAJobs and Go Government - Federal government jobs as well as advice for recent grads and experienced professionals
- Military Careers
APSIA - International careers guide and professional school info by the Association of Professional Schools in International Affairs
Massachusetts Biotechnology Council - Searchable directory of 2000+ biomedical, biotech, hospitals, university and affiliates; job listings
Blue Book - Directory of market research firms by state
- Social Impact