Tufts University Changemakers Summit: Diversity & Inclusion
Location: Tufts University Granoff Music Center | 20 Talbot Avenue Medford, MA 02155
Date: August 23, 2019
Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Cost: $75 – $150
Tufts University is thrilled to be planning our inaugural Changemakers Summit on Diversity & Inclusion. This 1-day event will bring together key partners and thought leaders from throughout our community to discuss a range of social issues that impact how we work together. As a valued Tufts employer, we wanted to extend an invitation to you first.
Our aim is to spend time focused on discussing important—and sometimes difficult—topics that we don't often have the chance to talk about candidly in our day-to-day work; topics that nevertheless tie into how our employees experience the workplace and how we, as employers and influencers, can make a real and positive difference in our community.
Topic Highlights & Speakers
- Keynote: From Privilege to Progress by Melissa DePino and Michelle Saahene, the women responsible for the viral video of two black men unjustly arrested in a Philadelphia Starbucks
- Activism in the Digital Age: State of Latinos and Board Diversity with entrepreneur, executive, attorney and business leader Betty Francisco, named one of the “100 Most Influential People” in Boston Magazine
- The Changing Face of Sports & Entertainment with the Boston Celtics & Converse
- Promoting Inclusivity Through Art + Media with the MFA & Gupta Media
- Prioritizing Equity Through Company Culture with HubSpot & City Year
- Bridging Differences with Tufts' Chief Diversity Officer & Faculty
- Criminal Justice Reform with the MA Attorney General's Office
- #Adulting with First Gen Students & Alumni
- Lunch with Tufts Student Changemakers
- Supporting DACA Students
Who should attend?
All Tufts community partners are invited! This is a wonderful opportunity for recruiters, D&I leads, alumni, or anyone who is curious to learn more, wants to contribute to the conversation, and seeks opportunities for proactive change.
What can I expect from the summit?
There will be a mix of keynotes, fireside chats and roundtable discussions throughout the day. Each topic will be no longer than 20 minutes, as they are meant to be stimulating conversation starters. There will be scheduled breaks to allow for networking and deeper conversation among event attendees and speakers.
Due to popular demand and limited capacity, we expect to fully sell out and encourage you to buy discounted early bird tickets between now and July 26, after which ticket prices will increase to full price. Your entry includes breakfast, lunch, and a post-event cocktail hour with some surprises in store.
Complete website with full speaker information & bios coming soon!