Urbanization and Innovation
Location: Sackler 114 (Tufts Health Sciences Campus), 145 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA
Date: November 14, 2018
Time: 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Sponsor: Tufts Social Impact Network
Please join us for the Tufts Social Impact Network's upcoming fall kickoff event on the evening of Wednesday, November 14th. This year’s event will feature a series of lightning talks on the topic "Urbanization and Innovation: How our exploding cities are preparing for the future."
We are in the midst of a historic rise in urbanization. By 2050, 60% of the world's population will be living in cities. This growth was entirely unpredicted, and in many ways our aging cities are unprepared, as they continue to face crucial challenges related to aging infrastructure, affordable housing, income inequality, and environmental degradation. However, in unexpected places, and in unexpected ways, cities are innovating and evolving to keep up.
• Nigel Jacob - Founder and Co-Chair, Mayor’s Office of New Urban Mechanics
• Shan Jiang - Assistant Professor, Department of Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning at Tufts University
• Christopher Scranton - Director of Corporate Development, Jobcase
• Rebecca Wolfson - Executive Director, Boston Bike Union
• Annie LaCourt - Consultant, Visual Government