New Squash Center made its debut in February 2020
Our vision is for squash to reclaim its prominent place and, like other Jumbo sports, regularly compete and win on the national stage. Our generous donors have contributed $6 million to make the vision for the squash center a reality. Construction began in June 2019, and the new center made its debut in February 2020.
It’s all in the details
The new facility is located behind and integrated into the Steve Tisch Sports and Fitness Center, adjacent to the Gantcher Family Sports and Convocation Center, and features:
- Eight international-regulation courts, including two glass-sided show courts for enhanced spectator viewing.
- A lounge/viewing area featuring a video monitor to watch matches played on different courts
- Two center spectator seating areas with unobstructed sightlines
- A team room where coaches and student-athletes can hold team meetings before and after practices and matches
The benefits of our new squash center
The new Tufts Squash Center will:
- Put our squash program in a position to recruit top squash student-athletes from around the world and compete for both NESCAC and national championships.
- Help our student-athletes balance their academic and athletic pursuits by eliminating the need to travel off campus to train and compete.
- Increase visibility for the university by enabling Tufts to host NESCAC and regional intercollegiate, high school, and club tournaments.
- Provide another fitness resource for the university and Medford/Somerville communities and help foster lifelong athletic and fitness initiatives.
A Jumbo thank-you to all the alumni, parents, and friends who’ve supported the new center and the squash program through the years. We look forward to seeing you at a match on the new courts. Giving opportunities are still available. To learn more, contact Mark Adzigian, A88, senior associate director of development for athletics, at 617-627-0376 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The benefit of building an international-regulation squash facility cannot be overstated. Whenever elite-level squash recruits come to visit campus, they are so excited by our academic offerings and the prestige of the school. Squash courts on campus will show them our commitment to the game and prove the school wants to see the teams achieve their full potential.”
“Our new on-campus squash center will represent a defining moment in the history of Tufts squash, providing the quality facility our squash program deserves. The facility will also promote the values of lifelong fitness and wellness, and foster school spirit by serving as a gathering place where the greater Tufts community can come together.”