The Parents Leadership Council: An invitation to lead
The Parents Leadership Council is a small group of Tufts parents who facilitate the advancement of the university by serving as ambassadors, providing feedback on our activities and communications, and providing philanthropic support. Members share a common interest in strengthening the academic mission and reputation of the university, and in doing so, enhancing the student experience overall. Council membership is by invitation.
Parents Leadership Council members lead by example, demonstrating their support of Tufts by:
- Making leadership gifts every year in support of the university’s top priorities
- Hosting and attending receptions to introduce university leadership to parents in their regions, or to welcome incoming students and their families to Tufts
- Serving as ambassadors by fostering relationships with fellow parents to broaden their knowledge of the university and encourage their support
- Providing feedback and guidance on special projects as needed
- Identifying opportunities for corporate or foundation support through personal and professional networks
- Attending the Parents Leadership Council reception and annual meeting held every fall during Parents and Family Weekend
Parents Leadership Council members receive exclusive e-newsletters and benefit from reserved seating at certain university events.