Job Listings By Tufts School
For Arts & Sciences, Engineering & SMFA Alumni:
The job listings platform, Handshake, is open to alumni of A&S, Engineering and SMFA. Search hundreds of jobs, set up search agents using custom criteria, upload your resume for employers to view, and access career resources.
Alumni Login Log-in here if you already have an account.
- New user? Learn how to create an account.
- If you believe you may already have an account, select "Forgot your password."
- The Career Center is happy to set up an account for you. Call (617) 627-5741.
For Tufts' Professional School Alumni:
Career Services by School Go to your Tufts graduate school's career center to access job listings and other resources exclusively provided for alumni.
General Search Engines
- SimplyHired, Indeed, CareerJet, LinkUp, The Ladders, ZipRecruiter - Aggregrators that search for jobs on company pages and other search engines
- Monster and Career Builder - Services for job seekers and employers with extensive career advice and information
- JOBipedia - Human resource professionals at large companies answer questions about applications, interviews, and more
- The Muse - Job listings, employer profiles, and helpful career advice on a variety of topics
- International Job Search
- Part Time, Freelance & Flexible
Specialties: accounting, engineering, finance, customer service, creative, hospitality, IT, marketing and science.
Address: 99 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02110
Specialties: accounting & finance, administrative health services, administrative, architecture, clinical research, energy, engineering, environmental, labor, manufacturing, mortgage, scientific.
Address: 25 Braintree Hill Park Suite 402, Braintree, MA 02184
Specialties: applications development and infrastructure support.
Address: 185 Devonshire Street, Suite 100, Boston, MA 02110
Specialties: IT & technology, accounting & finance, human resources, administrative, legal, sales.
Address: 260 Franklin Street 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02110 (and offices in New Hampshire).
Specialties: nonprofits (accounting & finance, executive, human resources, fundraising, communications & marketing, information technology, administrative).
Address: 33 N. Dearborn Suite 1610, Chicago, IL 60602 (and offices in Washington DC, San Francisco).
Specialties: life sciences (primarily science, engineering, and green technologies).
Address: 11 Walpole Street, Norwood, MA 02062
Specialties: IT, administrative, payroll, marketing and creative services.
Address: Ten Post Office Square, Suite 800 South, Boston, MA 02109
Address: 133 Federal Street, 7th floor, Boston, MA 02110
Specialties: software/hardware engineering, design & drafting, programming.
Address: 70 Blanchard Road, Suite 102, Burlington, MA 01803
Specialties: accounting & finance, creative & digital, engineering, financial services, healthcare, human resources, legal, nonprofits, office support, pharma, technology.
Address: 211 Congress Street Suite 220, Boston, MA 02110 (and offices in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois).
Address: 333 Washington Street, 8th floor, Boston, MA 02108
Specialties: technology, accounting & finance, administrative & HR.
Address: 75 State Street, 9th Floor, Boston, MA 02109
Specialties: finance & accounting, education, engineering, information technology, law, science and healthcare.
Address: 10 Post Office Square, Boston, MA 02109
Specialties: executive search, nonprofits & NGOs, higher education, responsible businesses & social enterprises.
Address: 575 Boylston Street, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02116 (and offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Newburyport, San Francisco).
Specialties: accounting & finance, call center & customer service, creative & marketing, engineering, hospitality, human resources, industrial & manufacturing, IT, office & administrative, sales, skilled trades, transportation & warehousing.
Address: 93 Franklin Street, Boston, MA
Specialties: Allied Health, Healthcare Information Management, Nursing, Physician.
Address: 110 Second Avenue, Needham, MA, 02494
Specialties: Nonprofits (executive search, direct hire, interim professionals/consultants).
Address: 515 Madison Avenue, Suite 1100 New York, NY 10022
Specialties: office administration, creative & marketing, financial services, healthcare & nursing, human resources, accounting & finance, IT & hardware support, higher education, call center, sales.
Address: 155 Federal Street, Boston, MA 02110
Specialties: accounting, administrative, finance, medical, technology.
Address: 15 Broad Street, #612, Boston, MA 02109
Specialties: accounting & finance, office & administrative, technology & IT, creative & marketing, legal, executive search.
Address: 125 High Street, Oliver Street Tower 17th Floor, Boston, MA, 02110, US (and other international offices).
Specialties: nonprofit executive search.
Address: 576 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, CA 94111 (and offices in New York, Chicago, Portland, Seattle, Denver, Dallas, Charlotte).
Specialties: pharmaceutical and biotech.
Address: 1 Cate Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801-3735
Specialties: engineering, design & drafting, and R&D & technology support.
Address: 131 Middlesex Turnpike, Burlington, MA 01803
Specialties: accounting & finance, human resources, technology, administrative.
Address: 880 Winter Street Suite 200, Waltham, MA 02451 (and another office in New York).
Career Self Assessment
Contact us to learn about the career assessments that are offered free of charge and interpreted by alumni career advisors.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), a personality assessment
- SkillScan, a skills assessment
- Strong Interest Inventory, an interests assessment
Additional resources for assessment:
- Career Assessment Exercises - A variety of self-inventories, ranging from telling your story to defining core competencies and goal setting
- Franklin Covey Mission Statement Builder - An exercise to add focus, direction, and a sense of purpose to your daily decisions
- O*Net OnLine - U.S. Department of Labor database of occupations
- Skills Center - Profiler allows you to build a list of skills, identify occupations that require your skills, and identify any gaps in skills and/or education for particular occupations
- CliftonStrengths 34 - A new and improved version of Gallup's popular assessment, based on the concept "do what you do best"
- What Color is Your Parachute? - Companion piece to the best-selling career book in the world; includes information for career changers
- What's Your Skillset - Free access to What’s Your Skillset, located under the Assessment category
- Resumes & Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Online Portfolios
- Cover Letters, Email & Other Correspondence
- Networking & LinkedIn
Interviewing is a skill. The more you practice, the better you’ll do. Schedule a mock interview with an alumni career advisor.
Use Big Interview, our interview training system, to strengthen your interviewing skills anytime, from anywhere. Learn more and register for a Big Interview account
- References and Letters of Recommendation
Job Offers & Salary Negotiation
- Salary Negotiation: Get Paid What You're Worth webinar with Leslie Warner of Tufts Alumni Career Services
- Chris Voss at Talks at Google discussing his book, Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It. A former FBI lead international kidnapping negotiator, Voss breaks down strategies so that anyone can use them in the workplace, in business, or at home.
Advice for Entry Level Candidates
- Real Word Ready is a series of online courses covering everything from personal finance and job offer negotiation to employer benefits, apartment leases, and more. To create a Real World Ready account, log into Handshake and view Resources in the Career Center drop-down menu.
- Educate to Career (ETC) Job Seekers Salary Calculator will ask you for information relating to your education, employment history, and other factors, to create compensation and employment guidance for you.
- Personal Branding Blog - This site offers a wealth of career advice and many blog entries about salary negotiation.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook shows industry information, growth projections, and average salary information.
- Glassdoor provides an inside look at salaries, reviews, and interview questions posted by employees and interview candidates at over 100,000 organizations.
- Salary.com offers compensation information for individuals, business managers, and human resource professionals.
- LiveCareer's Salary Calculator
- SalaryExpert is a leading provider of online compensation data, including comparison costs between locations.
Cost of Living
- Sperling’s Best Places compares cities and costs.
- Homefair lets you calculate moving costs, compare schools, and more.
- GoinGlobal provides industry trends, job search information, and cultural advice in 40 countries. For access, log in to Handshake, then click on Resources in the Career Center drop-down menu.
- CareerBliss offers a variety of great tools and resources (salary, company reviews, career advice) to help you make better-informed career decisions.
- LifeHacker provides a simplified comparison of salary from city to city based on information from Money magazine.
- Nerdwallet allows you to compare housing, transportation, food, and other costs between major cities in all states, and to research demographic info, employment data, and more.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics shows regional costs, employment trends, and other important career information.
- PayScale's Salary Negotiation Guide - PayScale is a salary comparison site that offers helpful articles about evaluating companies/jobs and the corresponding salaries, as well as a salary negotiation guide with helpful tips for job seekers at all levels.
- Negotiation Tactics 101 - These videos feature negotiation expert Professor Leigh Thompson from Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management. In under an hour you can learn the basics, find out how to avoid pitfalls, prepare your argument, and develop your BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement).
- 5 Top Negotiation Tips - Molly Fletcher, nicknamed by CNN as “The Female Jerry Maguire,” has spent nearly two decades representing top sports figures, including Major League Baseball All-Stars, professional golfers, championship NBA and NCAA coaches, and media personalities. She is the only female agent to close more than $500 million in deals and the author of A Winner’s Guide to Negotiating: How Conversation Gets Deals Done. In this article she shares her five best negotiating tips.
- Personal SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) in job negotiation (can be useful for interview preparation as well)
- Applying to Graduate School
Career & Industry Resources A-Z
A-Z Lists & Databases
- ASAE Directories - Locate professional associations within your field of interest
- Careers A-Z - Alphabetical list of career resources by field/industry
- O*Net OnLine - U.S. Department of Labor database of occupations
- Tisch Library Databases such as ABI/INFORM Complete - Business research database which includes important full‐text journals and much sought‐after titles from the business press as well as key trade publications, dissertations, conference proceedings, and market reports. Alumni can access library databases through the Tufts Online Community.
Early Childhood, Elementary & Secondary
- NAIS - National Association of Independent Schools job listings in private and independent schools
- SchoolSpring - Educator and school jobs
Higher Education: Faculty & Administrative
Angel List - Startup companies
APSIA - International careers guide and professional school info by the Association of Professional Schools in International Affairs
Mass Biotechnology Council - Searchable directory of 2000+ biomedical, biotech, hospitals, university and affiliates; job listings
Blue Book - Directory of market research firms by state
- Social Impact