Sail aboard the elegant three-masted Sea Cloud II through the turquoise waters of the Aegean to unspoiled islands, timeless villages, and ancient sites in Turkey and Greece. Visit an abundance of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the well-preserved ruins of Ephesus, and the Cave of the Apocalypse and Monastery of St. John on Patmos. Wander through Amorgos, home to one of the most charming villages in the Cyclades, and discover its cobbled streets and whitewashed houses—overlooked by a castle—along with Byzantine churches and iconic windmills. Take part in a Dionysian celebration of wines and delicacies and enjoy local dance and music. Discover the thrill of sailing under a full set of billowing white sails and experience the grace and romance of a bygone era of travel.
Day 1. Depart U.S./Canada
Day 2. Arrive Istanbul, Turkey / Embark Sea Cloud II
Day 3. Kepez/Troy
Day 4. Day at Sea
Day 5. Kusadasi/Ephesus/Samos, Greece
Day 6. Samos/Patmos
Day 7. Amorgos
Day 8. Sifnoes, Cyclades
Day 9. Piraeus/Disembark/Athens/Return to U.S./Canada
- On an optional excursion from Kuşadasi, explore the archaeological site of Priene, including the Temple of Aphrodite and the well-preserved stadium.
- Visit an abundance of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Cave of the Apocalypse and the Monastery of St. John on Patmos.
- Wander through Amorgos, home to one of the most charming and prettiest villages in the Cyclades, and discover its chora’s cobbled streets and whitewashed houses overlooked by a castle along with Byzantine churches, windmills, and courtyards brimming with flowers.
- Take part in a Dionysian celebration of wines and delicacies, which will be one of several opportunities to indulge in regional dishes and enjoy local dance and music.
- Learn about the rich lineage of terra-cotta pottery on Sifnos, and meet with artisans who have carried on this traditional and ancient craft in their workshops.
- Sea Cloud II is a three-masted sailing yacht steeped in the elegance of yesteryear and complemented with the most modern amenities. Sister ship of the legendary Sea Cloud, Sea Cloud II has 47 outside cabins and travels under 23 billowing sails trimmed by hand.