Glimpse a world primeval on this singular 14-day safari through some of Southern Africa’s great wildlife sanctuaries in Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Zambia. The small group adventure begins with sightseeing in Johannesburg’s renowned Soweto district. Then spending three nights near Zimbabwe’s spectacular Victoria Falls, experience this natural wonder and embark on a “Sundowner” Zambezi cruise. Take a game drive in search of the elusive black rhino. Next is Botswana’s Chobe National Park, boasting one of Africa’s largest concentrations of wildlife, for a three-night stay featuring sensational boat safaris and game drives. After a privately chartered flight to Zambia, enjoy a tour highlight: unparalleled wildlife viewing at South Luangwa National Park, an untouched region of eastern Zambia along the meandering Luangwa River, with a relaxing three-night stay at the award-winning Mfuwe Lodge. Discover Cape Town, South Africa’s sparkling “Mother City,” including the Cape Peninsula and Winelands, with an optional 4-day/3-night post-tour extension.
Day 1. Depart U.S./Canada for Johannesburg, South Africa
Day 2. Arrive Johannesburg
Day 3. Johannesburg/Soweto
Day 4. Johannesburg/Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Day 5. Victoria Falls
Day 6. Victoria Falls
Day 7. Victoria Falls/Chobe National Park, Botswana
Day 8. Chobe National Park
Day 9. Chobe National Park
Day 10. Chobe National Park/South Luangwa National Park, Zambia
Day 11. South Luangwa National Park
Day 12. South Luangwa National Park
Day 13. South Luangwa National Park/Lusaka/Depart for home
- Small group, limited to 24 travelers
- Visits to Nelson Mandela’s and Archbishop Desmond Tutu’s homes.
- Be mesmerized by the thunderous Victoria Falls, a wonder of the natural world.
- Take a game drive in search of the elusive black rhino.
- Embark on a “Sundowner” dinner cruise on the Zambezi.
- Three nights in Chobe National Park, including boat safaris and game drives in an area with one of the highest concentrations of wildlife in Africa.
- Private chartered flight to Zambia for unparalleled wildlife viewing at South Luangwa National Park, an untouched region of eastern Zambia along the Luangwa River.
- Game drives, walking safaris, boat safaris, school visit and community performances.