Join this exploration-style cruise through the Inside Passage from Vancouver to Juneau during optimal long summer days aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship Le Soléal. Navigate isolated inlets inaccessible to larger vessels for superlative views of Alaska’s spectacular scenery. Cruise the breathtaking Misty Fjords and Tracy Arm Fjord to the majestic Dawes and South Sawyer Glaciers, call at the Gold Rush towns of Sitka, Petersburg and Ketchikan, and look for humpback whales at Point Adolphus. Vancouver and Victoria Pre-Program Option and Anchorage, Denali and Fairbanks Post-Program Option.
Ketchikan, Sitka, Dawes Glacier, Endicott Arm, Tracy Arm Fjord, Juneau
Day 1. Depart Home City/Arrive Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada/Embark Le Soléal
Day 2. Cruising the Inside Passage
Day 3. Misty Fjords National Monument/Ketchikan, Alaska, U.S.
Day 4. LeConte Bay/Petersburg
Day 5. Sitka
Day 6. Point Adolphus/Elfin Cove
Day 7. Tracy Arm Fjord/Sawyer Glacier/Endicott Arm/Dawes Glacier
Day 8. Juneau/Disembark ship/Return to Home City
- Cruise the protected British Columbian Inside Passage, one of the most spectacular coastal waterways in the world.
- Onboard expert naturalist guides to help identify the natural wonders and incredible wildlife of the Inside Passage.
- Cruise through dramatic Misty Fjords National Monument (weather and sea conditions permitting).
- Tour of historic Ketchikan, “salmon capital of the world,” and its famous gold rush-era Creek Street.
- Visit to Potlatch Totem Park in Ketchikan to experience indigenous Tlingit culture.
- Cruise into LeConte Bay, the terminus of LeConte Glacier, North America’s southernmost tidewater glacier.
- Visit to the vibrant fishing village of Petersburg, Alaska’s “Little Norway.”
- Visit to picturesque Sitka, once the “capital of Russian America,” to see St. Michael’s Cathedral and its priceless Russian Orthodox icons and to tour the Alaska Raptor Center.
- Humpback whale watching near Point Adolphus.
- Visit to the remote fishing village of Elfin Cove on pristine Chichagof Island.
- Cruise Endicott Arm for harbor seal watching and to see tidal Dawes Glacier (weather permitting).
- Scenic excursion into stunning Tracy Arm Fjord featuring the South Sawyer Glacier.