Discover the legacy of the Celts in Scotland, Wales, Ireland, England, and France on this carefully curated 9-night itinerary. Enjoy two full-day excursions to the hallowed beaches of Normandy on the 80th anniversary of D-Day—each accompanied by acclaimed historians Dwight David Eisenhower II and Allen Packwood OBE. Your Celtic journey begins in London, England, before continuing to France to visit Omaha Beach and Arromanches in Caen and then Utah Beach in Cherbourg. From there, cruise to the Isle of Scilly, England, and then on to Dublin, Ireland; Wales; and the Isles of Iona and Tobermory before your last stop at Fort William, Scotland. Complement your journey with the London Pre-Program and/or the Edinburgh and Glasgow Post-Program options.
Day 1. Depart U.S./Canada
Day 2. Arrive in London, UK
Day 3. London/Portsmouth/Embark LE BELLOT
Day 4. Caen, France for Omaha Beach and Arromanches
Day 5. Cherbourg for Utah Beach
Day 6. Tresco, Isle of Scilly, England
Day 7. Dublin, Ireland
Day 8. Holyhead, Wales for Caernarfon
Day 9. Isle of Iona/Tobermory, Isle of Mull
Day 10. Fort William, Scotland
Day 11. Glasgow, return to U.S./Canada
- Excursion from Fort William through the breathtaking Scottish Highlands, featuring Glencoe, Scotland's most scenic glen.
- Leisure time in the charming 18th-century port town of Tobermory, Isle of Mull.
- Visit to the inner Hebridean Isle of Iona featuring the historic Iona Abbey.
- City tour of Dublin to see St. Patrick's and Christ Church cathedrals and visit Trinity College to see the Book of Kells.
- Two full-day excursions to the historic D-Day beaches of Normandy, with lunch.