Join us for 15 magical days in a land where mountain meets sea, empires rub shoulders, history is measured in millennia, and natural beauty abounds at every turn. Our small group will take a deep dive into the many wonders of Croatia and Slovenia, from glittering Adriatic seas to one of the world’s longest caves, and from exuberant open-air markets to a fairytale medieval castle. We’ll stand in the footprints of Roman emperors, Franciscan monks, and Hapsburg princes. Our journey will take us to sun-splashed beaches, turquoise lakes, cascading waterfalls, and alluring islands. Everywhere we go, we’ll relish delectable foods and fine wines, while we admire the lively, indomitable spirit of the Croatian and Slovenian peoples.
This is a singular opportunity to deeply experience one of the most unspoiled, captivating regions in all of Europe. Don’t miss out. Book early!
Eight great reasons to make this your year to go — with Tufts Travel-Learn.
- See more, learn more, and do more — our 15-day itinerary and small-group structure allow us to explore at an unhurried pace
- Discover hidden gems like the Istrian Peninsula, which gives new meaning to the expression, “old-world-charm”
- Be transfixed by the interplay of Eastern European and Mediterranean influences in fascinating cities like Ljubljana
- Soak up the sun, culture, and charm of the Opatija Riviera, once the playground of emperors, artists, and composers
- Do a study in contrasts as you wander from Dubrovnik’s medieval Old Town to its lively modern side
- Trace Adriatic history from the ruins of Diocletian’s palace, through waves of foreign domination, to today’s democracies
- Take part in enlightening discussions with local experts and your traveling companions
- Extend the adventure with an optional 4-day, 3-night post-tour stay in enchanting Dubrovnik