Cruise with us for seven nights from Barcelona to Rome aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship LE JACQUES CARTIER. Enjoy the sun-drenched landscapes and lush, mountainous backdrops of the French and Italian Rivieras and islands, a glamorous retreat for artists, writers, nobility and gourmands. This unique, comprehensive itinerary immerses you in the region’s dynamic history, inimitable art and culture and stunning scenery, and features up to five UNESCO World Heritage sites, including Carcassonne’s medieval fortifications and the picture-perfect cliffside villages of Italy’s Cinque Terre. Explore Corsica’s fortified town of Bonifacio. Choose to visit the Renaissance treasures of Florence or the Tuscan cities of Pisa and Lucca. Along the enchanting Côte d’Azur, enjoy a specially arranged excursion in alluring Monaco, the epitome of Riviera chic and home of St. Nicholas Cathedral, where Princess Grace is interred; walk along the vibrant Vieux Port in historic Marseille; and explore charming Nice. Barcelona Pre-Cruise and Rome Post-Cruise Options are available.
Monaco, Portofino, Corsica, Barcelona, Florence, Rome, Marseille, Carcassonne, Cinque Terre, Aix-en-Provence, Nice
Day 1. Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2. Barcelona, Spain/Embark LE JACQUES CARTIER
Day 3. Sète, France for Carcassonne
Day 4. Marseille for Aix-en-Provence
Day 5. Nice/Monaco
Day 6. Porto Venere, Italy, for Cinque Terre/Portofino
Day 7. Livorno for Florence or Pisa and Lucca
Day 8. Bonifacio, Corsica, France
Day 9. Civitavecchia, Italy/Disembark ship/Rome/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Cruise itinerary is subject to change.
- Introducing the extraordinary Blue Eye, the world’s first multisensory, underwater observation lounge.
- Continuing the Gohagan tradition of unique small ship itineraries for educational travel.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the newest Five‑Star expedition ship LE JACQUES CARTIER, launching in 2020, accessing ports unavailable to larger vessels.
- Only 92 Suites and Staterooms—each with a private balcony!
- Opportunity to visit five fantastic UNESCO World Heritage sites—Barcelona, Carcassonne, Cinque Terre, Florence or Pisa, and Rome.
- Cruise the legendary Tyrrhenian, Ligurian and Mediterranean Seas.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise and complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship.
- One specially arranged port of call every day and all shore excursions included.
- Specially arranged onboard lectures.
- Barcelona Pre-Cruise and Rome Post-Cruise Options.