Discover the lands of the Vikings and Gaels on an exclusive 8-night cruise itinerary that combines the treasures of Scotland and Iceland. Marvel at the 5,000-year-old Neolithic ruins of the Standing Stones of Callanish on the Isle of Lewis and learn more about Outer Hebrides from stone circle expert and guest speaker, Professor Colin Richards. Experience the beauty of the Inner Hebridean Isles and visit the breathtaking archipelago of the Faroe Islands. Enjoy an excursion to Iceland’s Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon and cruise along UNESCO-inscribed Surtsey Island. Extend your journey with the Edinburgh/Glasgow Pre-Program and/or Reykjavík and the Golden Circle Post-Program options.
Day 1. Depart home city
Day 2. Glasgow, Scotland/Embark Le Bellot
Day 3. Isle of Iona/Tobermory, Isle of Mull
Day 4. Stornoway for Callanish Standing Stones/Isle of Lewis
Day 5. Tvøroyri, Faroe Islands, Denmark
Day 6. Tórshavn/Vestmanna
Day 7. Cruising the North Atlantic Ocean
Day 8. Djúpivogur, Iceland, for Jökulsárlón
Day 9. Heimaey, Westman Islands/Cruise along Surtsey Island
Day 10. Reykjavík/Disembark/Return to home city
- Visit the traditional Gearrannan Blackhouse Village on the idyllic Isle of Lewis in Scotland.
- Arrive in Tvøroyri and visit the wooden Faroese church, built in 1847 with a traditional turf roof.
- Discover the ruins of St. Magnus Cathedral, the largest medieval building in the Faroe Islands, and the 900-year‑old Roykstovan, the oldest wooden house in Europe.
- Embark specially designed boats for a private cruise and the chance to touch ice blocks broken from Breidamerkurjökull, a glacier in Iceland.
- Visit Heimaey Island for a tour of the Herjólfsdalur valley and its Viking ruins.
- Continue to Stórhöfdi’s lava fields of Eldfell, known as the “Pompeii of the North,” and tour the Eldheimar Museum.
- Cruise along Iceland’s Surtsey, one of Earth’s youngest islands and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.