Ocean-view accommodations aboard a Five-Star expedition ship, most with a private balcony—simply the optimal Antarctic cruising experience! Join us for this spectacular 14-day journey featuring a nine-night exclusively chartered cruise to Antarctica, Earth’s last frontier. Cruise aboard the M.S. L'Austral, one of the finest vessels in Antarctic waters, combining innovative design with personalized service and featuring private balconies in 95% of the 110 deluxe, ocean-view Suites and Staterooms. Experience “The White Continent” in its unspoiled state—fantastically shaped icebergs, turquoise glaciers, bustling penguin rookeries and breaching whales—during the lingering light of the austral summer. Accompanied by the ship’s expert expedition team of naturalists, board sturdy Zodiac watercraft for excursions ashore and observe the playful antics of this region’s abundant wildlife—penguins and seals, in particular, are unafraid of human visitors. The expedition team will provide a series of enriching lectures on this pristine wilderness. Spend two nights in the Five-Star INTERCONTINENTAL BUENOS AIRES HOTEL, including a tour of Argentina’s vibrant capital city. Extend your journey with the exclusive three-night Iguazú Falls Post-Program Option. This unique itinerary is an exceptional value and perennially popular!
Day 1. Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2. Buenos Aires, Argentina
Day 3. Buenos Aires
Day 4. Buenos Aires/Fly to Ushuaia/Embark L’ AUSTRAL
Day 5. Cruising the Drake Passage
Day 6. Cruising the Drake Passage
Day 7. Port Lockroy
Day 8. Petermann Island/Lemaire Channel
Day 9. Neko Harbor/Paradise Bay
Day 10. Deception Island/Pendulum Cove/Half Moon Island
Day 11. Cruising the Weddell Sea
Day 12. Cruising the Drake Passage
Day 13. Ushuaia, Argentina/Disembark ship/Fly to Buenos Aires/Depart for the U.S.
Day 14. Arrive in the U.S.
Please note: Cruise itinerary is subject to weather, ice and sea conditions at the time of travel and may be revised as necessary.
- Unique, 14-day itinerary featuring a nine-night cruise to the world’s last great frontier and two nights in vibrant Buenos Aires.
- Ocean-view accommodations aboard a Five-Star expedition ship, most with a private balcony—simply the optimal Antarctic cruising experience!
- Small ships have the flexibility to adjust course spontaneously, maximizing wildlife sightings.
- Ample continental landings—explore untouched wilderness.
- Be among the fortunate few to discover “The White Continent,” where whales, seals and penguins mingle among turquoise glaciers and glimmering icebergs.
- Zodiac excursions led by an expedition team of naturalists, with expertise spanning marine biology, ornithology, glaciology, conservation, history and photography.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship (satellite reception permitting).
- Lectures aboard ship on natural wonders and wildlife.
- Spectacular Iguazú Falls Post-Program Option.