Join us for this spectacular 12-day journey featuring a nine-night exclusively chartered cruise to Antarctica, Earth’s last frontier. Cruise aboard the intimate L'Austral the finest vessels in Antarctic waters, combining innovative design with personalized service and featuring private balconies in 95% of the 110 deluxe, ocean-view Suites and Staterooms. Retrace the sea lanes navigated by storied explorers Shackleton, Amundsen and Scott and be among the fortunate few to set foot on the continent of Antarctica. Led by our onboard expedition team of naturalists, enjoy guided excursions aboard sturdy Zodiac craft amid floating ice sculptures, intricate ecosystems and abundant wildlife, including humpback whales, leopard seals and Adélie penguins that exhibit little or no fear of humans. A series of enriching lectures on this pristine wilderness completes your optimal Antarctic expedition. This unique itinerary is an exceptional value and perennially popular.
Drake Passage, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Deception Island, Half moon Island, Weddell Sea
Day 1. Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2. Ushuaia, Argentina/Embark L’ AUSTRAL
Day 3-4. Cruising the Drake Passage
Day 5. Neumayer Channel/Port Lockroy
Day 6. Petermann Island/Lemaire Channel
Day 7. Neko Harbor/Paradise Bay
Day 8. Deception Island/Neptune's Bellows/Pendulum Cove/Half Moon Island
Day 9. Cruising the Weddell Sea
Day 10. Cruising the Drake Passage
Day 11. Ushuaia, Argentina/Disembark ship/Fly to Buenos Aires/Depart for the U.S.
Day 12. Arrive in the U.S.
Please note: Cruise itinerary is subject to weather, ice and sea conditions at the time of travel and may be revised as necessary.
- Unique, 12-day itinerary featuring a nine-night cruise to the world’s last great frontier.
- Ocean-view accommodations aboard a Five-Star expedition ship, most with a private balcony—simply the optimal Antarctic cruising experience!
- Small ships have the flexibility to adjust course spontaneously, maximizing wildlife sightings.
- Ample continental landings—explore untouched wilderness.
- Be among the fortunate few to discover “The White Continent,” where whales, seals and penguins mingle among turquoise glaciers and glimmering icebergs.
- Zodiac excursions led by an expedition team of naturalists, with expertise spanning marine biology, ornithology, glaciology, conservation, history and photography.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship (satellite reception permitting).
- Lectures aboard ship on natural wonders and wildlife.
- Spectacular Iguazú Falls Post-Program Option.