Spend two nights in vibrant Buenos Aires, Argentina before embarking on a nine-night cruise to “The White Continent” aboard the exclusively chartered, 200 passenger, Le Boréal. Retrace sea lanes navigated by storied explorers Shackleton, Amundsen and Scott and be among the fortunate few to set foot on this pristine wilderness. Led by our onboard expedition team of naturalists, enjoy guided excursions aboard sturdy Zodiac craft amid floating ice sculptures, intricate ecosystems and abundant wildlife, including humpback whales, leopard seals and Adélie penguins. Watch as normal human scales and reference points disappear amidst the grandeur of nature in its most pristine form— from extended sunrises that paint the icescape in soft shades of pink to the lingering golden light of the austral summer. Extend your expedition with the Iguazú Falls Post-Program Option.
Day 1. Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2. Buenos Aires, Argentina
Day 3. Buenos Aires
Day 4. Buenos Aires/Fly to Ushuaia/Embark Le Boréal
Day 5. Cruising the Drake Passage
Day 6. Cruising the Drake Passage
Day 7. Port Lockroy
Day 8. Petermann Island/Lemaire Channel
Day 9. Neko Harbor/Paradise Harbor
Day 10. Deception Island/South Shetland Islands/Half Moon Island
Day 11. Cruising the Weddell Sea
Day 12. Cruising the Drake Passage
Day 13. Ushuaia, Argentina/Disembark and fly to Buenos Aires/Depart for home.
Day 14. Arrive in the U.S./Canada
Please note: Cruise itinerary is subject to weather, ice and sea conditions at the time of travel and may be revised as necessary.
- Unique, 14-day itinerary featuring a nine-night cruise to the world’s last great frontier and two nights in vibrant Buenos Aires.
- Ocean-view accommodations aboard a Five-Star ice-class expedition ship, most with a private balcony—simply the optimal Antarctic cruising experience!
- Small ships have the flexibility to adjust course spontaneously, maximizing wildlife sightings.
- Ample continental landings—explore untouched wilderness.
- Be among the fortunate few to discover “The White Continent,” where whales, seals and penguins mingle among turquoise glaciers and glimmering icebergs.
- Zodiac excursions led by an expedition team of naturalists, with expertise spanning marine biology, ornithology, glaciology, conservation, history and photography.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship (satellite reception permitting).
- Lectures aboard ship on natural wonders and wildlife.
- Spectacular Iguazú Falls Post-Program Option.