Travel aboard the 100-guest National Geographic Venture and actively explore a land of mist-shrouded fjords, tidewater glaciers, and islands teeming with wildlife. Kayak amid glacial ice, hike an old growth forest, spend a full day in Glacier Bay National Park exploring and learning about Alaska’s rich Tlingit heritage from an on-board cultural interpreter. Your expedition teams include expert naturalists, an undersea specialist who reveals the seldom-seen wildlife beneath the water, and a certified photo instructor who will help you take your best photos ever!
Day 1. Juneau, Alaska/Embark ship
Day 2. Tracy or Endicott Arm
Day 3. Petersburg
Day 4. Frederick Sound and Chatham Strait
Day 5. The Inian Islands and Icy Strait
Day 6. Glacier Bay National Park
Day 7. SE Alaska's Islands, Bays, and Fjords
Day 8. Sitka/Disembark
- Full day in Glacier Bay National Park, including a presentation from a native Tlingit cultural interpreter.
- Certified photo instructor onboard.
- One expert naturalist onboard for every ten guests with specialties including whales, botany, undersea life, and more.
- Observe calving glaciers up-close.
- Flexible scheduling allowing for optimal wildlife viewing; observe diving humpback whales, soaring eagles or bears foraging along the shore.
- Kayaking and paddle boarding included.
- Hike through lush forests with a knowledgeable guide.
- 50-cabin well appointed expedition ship, National Geographic Venture.