Embark on an exciting, seven-night adventure to the world’s happiest country! Start with a taste of Helsinki’s urban vibes and take in its stunning modern and historic architecture. Learn why the sauna experience is a cherished ritual for Finns and soak up some soothing steam yourself! Then fly north to Lapland and stay in a glass-domed cabin, perfect for watching the spectacular Northern Lights overhead. Look forward to invigorating outdoor activities amid snowy landscapes. Drive a team of energetic huskies on a thrilling ride across the glistening fjells, and strap on snowshoes for a trek through a moonlit forest. You’ll also explore the heritage of Finland’s three Sámi cultures and see reindeer in the wild at a traditional reindeer farm. Plus, delight in a day trip to Tallinn, Estonia, to admire its beautiful old town, a UNESCO World Heritage site. This active, small-group experience features expert guides and lecturers, first-class hotels and a round-trip flight between Helsinki and Lapland.
Day 1. Depart U.S./Canada
Day 2. Arrive in Helsinki, Finland
Day 3. Helsinki
Day 4. Tallinn, Estonia / Helsinki
Day 5. Ivalo / Saariselkä
Day 6. Inari / Saariselkä
Day 7. Saariselkä
Day 8. Saariselkä
Day 9. Ivalo / Helsinki / Depart for U.S./Canada
- This Active Program is designed for people who are in good health and can comfortably participate in a demanding daily schedule of physical activities.
- Watch the ethereal Northern Lights dance overhead from your glass-domed cabin in northern Lapland. (Saariselkä)
- Drive a team of energetic huskies on a thrilling ride across the glistening fjells.
- Revel in a snowshoe trek through a tranquil, moonlit forest to take in the Northern Lights and the starry sky.
- Meet a Sámi family and see reindeer in the wild at a traditional reindeer farm.
- Travel to Estonia and delight in Tallinn’s beautiful old town, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Admire the stunning mix of historic and contemporary architecture in Helsinki.