Join our small group for a nine-day journey to the culinary and cultural heart of Northern Italy—a region brimming with exquisite local wines, specialty ingredients, soul-satisfying signature dishes and the wonderful Italians who conjure them with time-honored techniques. Settle into a beautiful wine estate outside Verona. Within reach is a connoisseur’s pick of centuries-old wineries, artisan producers and extraordinary, historic sites. With each day highlighted by exclusive experiences, access authentic Italy, learn from local Italians and, most of all, revel in la dolce vita—the joyful celebration of food, friends and life!
Verona, Valpolicella, Marano, Modena, Roncà, Lago d'Iseo
Day 1. En route from U.S.
Day 2. Arrive in Verona, Italy / Province of Brescia (Selva Capuzza)
Day 3. Tower of San Martino
Day 4. Verona / Valpolicella
Day 5. Marano / Malcesine
Day 6. Modena / Mantua
Day 7. Roncà / Soave / Sirmione
Day 8. Sulzano / Lago d'Iseo / Franciacorta
Day 9. Verona / Depart Verona for U.S.
- With your small group, enjoy seven nights accommodations at a historic country farmhouse amidst a wine and olive oil-producing estate.
- Join intimate cooking classes with locals who share their families’ histories and favorite recipes.
- Take in the area’s layered history, with visits to Verona’s 2,000-yearold Roman arena and the magnificent medieval Castelvecchio Bridge.
- In the famed Valpolicella and Trentino wine regions, visit familyowned and -operated vineyards, meeting the esteemed vintners and discovering their unique varietals. Partake in exclusive tastings and presentations, and how wine-making traditions have been passed down through generations.
- Delight in a cheese-making demonstration and tasting in the heart of Lessinia, home to a delicious variety of Italian cheeses.
- Meet a renowned winemaker who specializes in creating Amarone. Then retreat to a nearby restaurant for a polenta-making demonstration, featuring Amarone, and dinner.
- Enjoy a special excursion near Modena for a tasting of aged balsamic vinegar during a convivial meal with the property’s owner and his family.
- Relax during a boat tour around Lago d'Iseo, featuring mesmerizing clear water and stunning mountain scenery, followed by touring on land.
- Explore the 16-century cellars of Mosnel winery and learn how painstaking attention to detail produces wines of consummate elegance and complexity.