Zodiac to pristine beaches, kayak or stand-up paddleboard along volcanic shores, explore wildlife on land or under the sea. Experience the Galápagos aboard an elegant and nimble ship, well-equipped for up-close exploration. Because the undersea is just as important as life on land, you’ll have opportunities to snorkel, kayak and paddleboard almost every day, sometimes twice a day. For those who prefer to stay dry, there’s the adventure of National Geographic Endeavour II’s glass-bottom boat. And each day you’ll have the option to walk, hike, or Zodiac cruise, and to join a different naturalist as you choose. Encounter abundant wildlife—blue-footed boobies, marine iguanas, Darwin’s finches, pink flamingos, giant tortoises and more. The wildlife of Galápagos is legendary for being without fear in the presence of humans and it is a perfect destination for couples, families, and solo travelers. WATCH VIDEO BELOW!
Day 1. Depart U.S./Canada; Arrive Guayaquil, Ecuador
Day 2. Guayaquil/Galápagos/Embark
Day 3-8. Exploring the Galápagos Islands, including:
- San Cristobal
- Santa Cruz
- *itinerary subject to Galápagos National Park regulations
Day 9. Disembark/Guayaquil
Day 10. Guayaquil/ Depart for U.S./Canada
- Travel aboard National Geographic Endeavour II, carrying only 96 guests.
- Enjoy expedition equipment that brings you closer to nature, including glass-bottom boat, kayaks, paddleboards, snorkel gear including wetsuits for adult and children, video microscope, and underwater video camera.
- Global Explorers family program.
- Certified photo instructor onboard.
- Snorkel among sea lions and abundant fish.
- Encounter nesting red- and blue-footed boobies, lava lizards, prehistoric- looking land iguanas, mockingbirds and much more.
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station on Santa Cruz and enjoy lunch in the highlands and then search for wild Galápagos giant tortoises in their natural habitat.
- Walk to the top of Bartolomé's volcanic cone for a stunning view of Pinnacle Rock and surrounding beaches.