This extraordinary 11-day “Grand Tour” of Europe features an incredible combination of river, rail, lake and mountain travel including five nights aboard the deluxe Amadeus Silver III. Journey through the western heart of the Continent through Switzerland, France, Germany and the Netherlands, cruising the fabled Rhine River. Specially arranged guided excursions feature five great UNESCO World Heritage sites—see the Jungfrau-Aletsch region of the Swiss Alps, walk through Berne’s Old Town, tour the Alsatian city of Strasbourg, cruise through the Rhine River Valley and see Cologne’s Gothic cathedral. Also visit Germany’s medieval Rüdesheim and 13th-century Heidelberg Castle. Spend two nights each in Zermatt and Lucerne, Switzerland; ride aboard three legendary railways—the Gornergrat Bahn for breathtaking views of the Matterhorn, the Glacier Express from Zermatt to Andermatt and the Pilatus Railway, the world’s steepest cogwheel railway; and enjoy a scenic cruise on Lake Lucerne. This is the trip of a lifetime at an exceptional value! Complement your journey with the two-night Amsterdam Post-Program Option.
Day 1. Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2. Geneva, Switzerland/Zermatt
Day 3. Zermatt for Matterhorn
Day 4. Zermatt/Glacier Express to Andermatt/Lucerne
Day 5. Lucerne for Mount Pilatus
Day 6. Lucerne/Berne/Basel/Embark AMADEUS SILVER III
Day 7. Strasbourg, France
Day 8. Mannheim, Germany for Heidelberg
Day 9. Rüdesheim/Koblenz
Day 10. Cologne
Day 11. Amsterdam, the Netherlands/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Itinerary is subject to change.
- Extraordinary, specially designed European tour.
- Experience three of the world’s greatest railways—the panoramic Glacier Express, the scenic cogwheel Gornergrat Bahn and the dramatic Pilatus Railway.
- Eleven-day program, including four nights in the Swiss Alps and a five-night river cruise.
- A unique combination of river and lake cruising, rail travel, and evenings on land.
- Two nights each in the lovely Swiss towns of Zermatt and Lucerne.
- Five-night cruise aboard the exclusively chartered, deluxe, small river ship AMADEUS SILVER III on the legendary Rhine River.
- Featuring five UNESCO World Heritage sites—the Jungfrau-Aletsch region of the Swiss Alps, Berne, Strasbourg, the Rhine River Valley and Cologne.
- Complimentary house wine and beer are served with lunch and dinner aboard ship; complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
- Incredible value for a comprehensive travel program—sells out every year it is offered!
- Amsterdam Post-Program Option.