Join us on epic safari expedition that covers both Kenya and Tanzania. Your adventure will start in Kenya’s capital city of Nairobi, East Africa’s most cosmopolitan city and Africa’s 4th largest city. On your expedition, you'll also visit the last two remaining white rhino at Ol Pejeta Conservancy– a model in sustainable conservation. Enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Naivasha which is at the highest elevation of the Kenyan Rift Valley (6,100 feet). In Amboseli National Park watch large herds of tuskers under the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro– Africa’s tallest mountain. Cross into Tanzania and descend into the extinct Ngorongoro Crater– a unique animal kingdom found nowhere in the world. Traverse the vast open plains of the Serengeti to witness a million migrating wildebeest– each one driven by the same ancient rhythm, fulfilling its instinctive role in the inescapable cycle of life. Led by our very own Dr. Chris Whittier from the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, this program will showcase firsthand the successful conservation programs to protect some of Africa’s wildlife and iconic wilderness. You may choose to continue your adventures on a 3 night extension tour to Tanzania’s magnificent and exotic Zanzibar Island.
Day 1. Depart U.S./Canada
Day 2. Arrive Nairobi
Day 3. Nairobi/Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Day 4. Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Day 5. Lake Naivasha
Day 6. Lake Naivasha/Amboseli National Park
Day 7 Amboseli National Park
Day 8. Amboseli/Ngorongoro
Day 9. Descent into Ngorongoro Crater
Day 10. Ngorongoro/Serengeti National Park
Day 11. Serengeti National Park
Day 12. Serengeti National Park
Day 13. Depart for U.S./Canada
- Traverse the endless Serengeti savanna plains following the Great Migration.
- Encounter elephant herds under the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Visit Ol Pejeta Conservancy and visit the chimpanzee sanctuary and last remaining
- Descend into the Ngorongoro Crater– Tanzania’s wildlife Eden.
- Meet conservation experts who are on the front lines of sustainable conservation and community impact efforts.
- Stay at unique camps, lodges and hotels surrounded by wildlife and majestic views, including Mount Kilimanjaro.