Experience the timeless splendor of Japan and South Korea on this unique, custom-designed itinerary, featuring three nights in Kyoto and a seven-night cruise across the full length of the serene Inland Sea of Japan from Himeji, including historic ports of Japan such as Miyajima, Sakaiminato and Moji and Ulsan, South Korea. On board the exclusively chartered, Five-Star small ship LE SOLÉAL, featuring only 110 ocean-view Suites and Staterooms, enjoy this 280-mile stretch of scenic, tranquil ocean with port calls at captivating points of interest, including seven UNESCO World Heritage sites. In the enchanting city of Kyoto, visit opulent temples and the Nijō Castle, an imperial gem. Walk through the imposing Peace Memorial Park in Hiroshima, tour the Itsukushima Shrine in Miyajima with its awe-inspiring Great Torii Gate and see the impressive Himeji Castle, the largest and best-preserved feudal structure from medieval Japan. In Gyeongju, South Korea, visit the Buddhist Bulguksa Temple and the ancient Silla Kingdom Royal Burial Mounds. Tokyo Pre-Program and Osaka and Nara Post-Program Options are available.
Kyoto, Himeji, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Hagi, Matsue, Ulsan, Moji, Uno, Osaka
Day 1. Depart the U.S. or Canada/Cross the International Date Line
Day 2. Osaka, Japan/Kyoto
Day 3. Kyoto
Day 4. Kyoto
Day 5. Kyoto/Himeji/Embark LE SOLÉAL
Day 6. Hiroshima/Miyajima
Day 7. Hagi
Day 8. Sakaiminato for Matsue
Day 9. Ulsan, South Korea, for Gyeongju
Day 10. Moji, Japan
Day 11. Uno for Kurashiki and Koraku-en Garden
Day 12. Osaka/Disembark ship/Depart for the U.S. or Canada/Cross the International Date Line/Arrive in the U.S. or Canada
- Unique itinerary following Gohagan & Company’s tradition of small ship travel.
- Cruise aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship LE SOLÉAL, with access to ports unavailable to larger vessels.
- Combination of three nights in Kyoto and a seven‑night cruise including Japan’s Inland Sea and South Korea.
- Immerse yourself in the timeless splendor of Japan in the spring, the best time of the year to visit.
- A port call each day, and an excursion included in every port!
- Visit picturesque formal gardens and the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park.
- See the magnificent landscapes of Gyeongju, South Korea, and the UNESCO World Heritage site of Bulguksa Temple.
- Experience the dramatic architectural legacy of Japan’s Shogun period at the imposing Himeji Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise and complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship.
- Tokyo Pre-Program and Osaka and Nara Post-Program Options.