It’s a land of delicate art and bustling commerce, of rich traditions and dizzying modernity; a jumble of sights, sounds, and tastes that for visitors are truly foreign – and truly fascinating. This well-crafted tour features the highlights of Tokyo and Kyoto, engages us in local life, and takes us off the beaten path to the lovely historic cities of Takayama and Kanazawa.
*Greater Flexibility: Your deposit is fully refundable up to 95 days prior to departure!
Tokyo, Imperial Palace, Mount Fuji, Takayama, Kanazawa, Ashi Lake
Day 1. Depart U.S. for Tokyo
Days 2-4. Tokyo
Day 5. Hakone
Days 6-7. Takayama
Days 8-9. Kanazawa
Days 10-12. Kyoto
Day 13. Depart Kyoto for U.S.
• Tokyo touring, including Imperial Palace District and Meiji Shrine
• Stunning scenery of Mt. Fuji and Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park and cruise on Ashi Lake
• Overnight stay in traditional ryokan
• Takayama’s ancient streets and houses
• Hands-on cooking class
• Shirakawago Gassho-zukuri Village, a UNESCO site
• Culturally rich Kanazawa with visit to Kutani pottery kiln
• Tour of Kyoto, Japan’s cultural capital
• Traditional tea ceremony