Join us for this unparalleled and comprehensive nine-day Aegean odyssey to the very cradle of Western civilization and the classical world. Cruise round trip Athens, Greece, aboard the exclusively chartered, newest Five-Star small ship LE BOUGAINVILLE. Call on the islands of Delos, Mykonos, Pátmos, Rhodes and Santorini, and the Peloponnese Peninsula. Visit the extraordinary wonder of Meteora, where 14th- and 15th-century monasteries stand high atop soaring natural sandstone pinnacles, and walk through legendary sites of antiquity—including the ancient citadel of Mycenae and historic Epidaurus. Enjoy guided tours in these storied destinations, free time to encounter their mysteries and delights at your own pace during the best time of the year, and opportunities to visit nine magnificent UNESCO World Heritage sites. Meet and engage with local residents during the specially arranged ISLAND LIFE® FORUM for a personal perspective on the true character of the Aegean Sea’s maritime culture. Extend your voyage with the Athens Pre-Cruise Option and the Ancient Olympia Post-Cruise Option.
Day 1. Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2. Athens, Greece/Embark LE BOUGAINVILLE
Day 3. Volos for Meteora
Day 4. Delos/Mykonos
Day 5. Pátmos
Day 6. Rhodes/Lindos
Day 7. Santorini
Day 8. Nafplion for Mycenae and Epidaurus
Day 9. Athens/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
Introducing the extraordinary Blue Eye, the world’s first multisensory, underwater observation lounge.
• Uniquely created seven-night cruise itinerary following Gohagan & Company’s tradition of innovative, small ship programming.
• Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the new Five‑Star expedition ship LE BOUGAINVILLE, launching in 2019.
• Only 92 Suites and Staterooms—each with a private balcony!
• Visit up to nine UNESCO World Heritage sites.
• Call on islands steeped in myth and history—Delos, Mykonos, Pátmos, Santorini and medieval Rhodes.
• Visit towering Meteora, where 24 Orthodox monasteries stand high atop natural sandstone pinnacles.
• Walk through the fabled Lion Gate of the legendary city of Mycenae.
• Explore the monumental ruins of the Sanctuary of Asklepios in historic Epidaurus.
• Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise and complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship.
• Athens Pre-Cruise and Ancient Olympia Post-Cruise Options.