Join us for this nine-day Aegean Odyssey cruising round trip Athens, Greece, aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star small ship Le Bougainville. Our epic voyage calls on the islands of Delos, Mykonos, Pátmos, Rhodes and Santorini, including the Peloponnese Peninsula. Visit extraordinary Meteora, where 14th- and 15th-century monasteries stand high atop soaring natural sandstone pinnacles; walk through the fabled Lion Gate of legendary Mycenae; and explore the monumental ruins of the Sanctuary of Asklepios of Epidaurus. Enjoy guided tours in these storied destinations and visit up to eight magnificent UNESCO World Heritage sites. Engage with local residents who will discuss contemporary life on the islands during the specially arranged Island Life® Forum.
Athens, Delos, Mykonos, Pátmos Rhodes, Santorini, Mycenae, Epidaurus
Day 1. Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2. Athens, Greece/Embark Le Bougainville
Day 3. Volos for Meteora
Day 4. Delos/Mykonos
Day 5. Pátmos
Day 6. Rhodes/Lindos
Day 7. Santorini/Akrotiri
Day 8. Nafplion for Mycenae and Epidaurus
Day 9. Athens/Disembark ship/ Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Itinerary is subject to change.
- Tour of Santorini—which some consider to be the site of mythology’s lost city of Atlantis—featuring a visit to the renowned Museum of Prehistoric Thera and a cable car ride.
- Guided tour of the remarkable Minoan site of Bronze Age Akrotiri.
- Time at leisure on the islands of Pátmos and Mykonos to explore at your own pace.
- Choice of a half-day excursion in Lindosto the Acropolis or an afternoon at leisure in Rhodes.uIsland Life® Forum with local residents who will discuss contemporary life on the islands of the Aegean Sea.
- Traditional Greek music and dance performance.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site Highlights:
- Excursion to extraordinary Meteora, where 14th- and 15th-century Greek Orthodox monasteries were built atop towering natural sandstones massifs, including lunch in a nearby restaurant.
- Walking tour of medieval Rhodes, with a visit to the 14th-century Palace of the Grand Masters of the Knights of St. John.