Cruise through enchanting scenery and centuries of history aboard an exclusively chartered paddleboat cruiser. Christened in 2016, the MS Elbe Princesse transports you into the heart of cities in Germany and the Czech Republic along the Elbe and Vltava rivers. Enjoy eight nights onboard, plus one night each in first-class hotels in Berlin and Prague. See Berlin’s famed landmarks, including the Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate. Stroll through Potsdam’s terraced Sanssouci gardens and Cecilienhof Palace. In Wittenberg, delve into Martin Luther’s revolutionary teachings. Gaze over the spectacular Elbe Sandstone Mountains, delight in Litomerice’s colorful architecture and explore Prague’s Old Town. In addition, enjoy a choice of included excursions, featuring cycling, a beer tasting, history tours and more. Insightful lectures along the way give you deeper insight into the history and heritage of these destinations. This expertly planned journey includes first-class hotel and ship accommodations and an extensive meal plan with complimentary drinks onboard.
Day 1. Depart Gateway City
Day 2. Arrive in Prague
Day 3. Prague/Embark Elbe Princesse
Day 4. Prague
Day 5. Litomerice
Day 6. Bad Schandau/Saxon Alps
Day 7. Dresden/Meissen
Day 8. Wittenberg
Day 9. Magdeburg
Day 10. Berlin
Day 11. Disembark ship/Potsdam/Berlin
Day 12. Depart for Gateway City
- Admire the Elbe’s ever-changing, captivating scenery as you savor the peaceful, unhurried pace.
- Delight in Prague’s old-world grandeur while meandering across the Charles Bridge.
- Experience the dynamic energy of Berlin, one of Europe’s most exciting cities.
- Marvel at the rebirth of Dresden’s beloved Church of Our Lady.
- Travel in the footsteps of Martin Luther, whose religious ideas sparked far-reaching reformation.
- Watch a master artisan at work, crafting delicate Meissen porcelain.
- Experience four UNESCO World Heritage sites.