Encounter Vietnam’s breathtaking natural beauty, abiding tradition, and profoundly hospitable people on this comprehensive 17-day small group journey. Get acquainted with French-accented Hanoi during a three-night stay. On a full-day Ha Long Bay excursion, explore this stunning waterscape by boat. Enjoy a relaxing three-night interlude at a Da Nang beachfront hotel, touring the acclaimed Cham Museum and visiting Hoi An’s charming Old Town, a UNESCO site. A visit to a farming settlement reveals daily life, and a cooking lesson yields tasty rewards. Explore ancient Hue’s Imperial Citadel by traditional cyclo, and cruise the Perfume River to peaceful Thien Mu Pagoda. Spending two nights at a riverside Can Tho hotel, experience river life with a boat visit to Cai Rang’s floating market – a tour highlight; then explore the storied Mekong’s tributaries by sampan. Finally, tour and independently explore vibrant Saigon. Discover Angkor Wat’s amazing temples on an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.
Detailed Itinerary coming soon!
Explore an extraordinary land and culture for 16 days
- Stroll through the rich history of Hanoi, from thousand-year-old architecture to the modern Presidential Palace
- Take a full-day excursion on breathtaking Ha Long Bay
- Cruise the Perfume River to an iconic Buddhist monastery and the tomb of Emperor Minh Mang
- Venture by boat into the lower reaches of the Mekong River, and shop the colorful floating market of Cai Rang
- Board a sampan and get an up-close look at river life along the upper reaches of the storied Mekong
- Go underground in Saigon and explore the immense network of tunnels constructed during the Vietnam War
- Gain illuminating insights from our expected Tufts faculty host, who will lead a series of informative presentations and discussions
- Extend the adventure with a three-day, two-night, post-program excursion to Cambodia and Angkor Wat, the world’s largest religious monument