The small country of Portugal,squeezed between Spain and the sea, has a long and proud history of fierce independence. Lisbon, the capital, is a city with a vitality, variety, and pulse like none other, encompassing the chic shops of Chiada to its ancient Moorish Quarter, the Alfama, to the planned elegance of the Baixa district. On this short getaway, you will have a delightful mix of planned excursions contrasted with plenty of free time to explore the city at your own pace. Highlights include a sightseeing tour of Lisbon, an evening dining with the haunting soulfulness of fado (Portugal’s uniquely powerful folk music), an excursion north to Sintra to see the Palace of Pena, and a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Evora.
- Discover Portugal's culturally captivating capital city, Lisbon, on this short getaway and discover what makes this tiny Iberian country so unique.
- Explore the famed UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the Seven Wonders of Portugal: the colorful and stunning Palace of Pena.
- Enjoy an entirely free day to explore Lisbon on your own. Perhaps you can go in search of the famous Portuguese pastry, Pastel de Nata, explore the neighborhood of Belem and Belem Tower or visit some of the unique museums available in Lisbon.
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Site of Evora where we walk the narrow cobblestone streets with a local guide.
- Experience the beautiful and husky "fado", Portugal's traditional music.
Day 1. Depart from US
Day 2. Lisbon
Day 3. Sintra
Day 4. Fronteira Palace
Day 5. Evora
Day 6. Lisbon to US