Experience the remarkable history, charming coastal towns, and extraordinary natural beauty that make up the Saint Lawrence Seaway. Part of an area historically known as “New France,” this vital waterway with its picturesque islands is home to a boundless variety of wildlife under the sea and on land. Begin in one of the oldest cities in North America and the provincial capital, Quebec City, at the iconic Le Chateau Frontenac, before embarking upon the Ocean Endeavour for 10 days cruising the seaway. Keep a keen eye out for whales and other marine animals and, with extensive time to explore during Zodiac excursions and shore landings, venture into glorious national parks and scenic wilderness areas to spot vast arrays of bird species and a plethora of other wildlife. Experience all this while digging into layers of Mi’kmaq, Algonquin, Québécois, Acadian, English, and Scottish cultures, touring seaside towns boasting strong seafaring traditions, and learning about the spirited residents who have made these remote outposts their home for centuries.
Day 1. En Route from U.S./Arrive in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada / Tadoussac
Day 2. Saguenay Fjord
Day 3. Saint Lawrence River
Day 4. Forillon National Park / Gaspe
Day 5. Ile Bonaventure National Park / Perce
Day 6. Gulf of Saint Lawrence
Day 7. Gulf of Saint Lawrence
Day 8. Prince Edward Island
Day 9. Magdalen Islands
Day 10. Saint-Pierre and Miquelon / Depart for U.S.
- Discover the rich cultural heritage and stunning red sandstone cliffs of the Magdalen Islands.
- Visit three provinces and the French Island of Saint-Pierre
- Enjoy music, dance and stories with expert local cultural guides.
- Spot for the 13 species of cetaceans found in the Gulf.
- Cruise Perce Rock by Zodiac for unbeatable views.
- See hundreds of thousands of seabirds nesting at Bonaventure Island.
- Explore the unique history of New France.
- What’s Included: 10 nights’ accommodations aboard the recently renovated Ocean Endeavour; all onboard meals plus 24-hour coffee, tea, and snacks; all activities detailed in the 11 day itinerary; admission and transportation to all locations listed on the itinerary; private motor coach transportation; full guiding services of an Orbridge Naturalist and expert local guides; all gratuities; and airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.