A land of open skies and endless horizons, Namibia is renowned for captivating vistas, sculpted red canyons, and some of the most spectacular sand dunes on the planet. The Namib desert, with its shimmering mirages, swirling sand seas, and apricot-colored parabolic dunes, has been described as a Technicolor dreamscape. What’s more, the mighty power of wind and water is stunningly displayed where desert sands are juxtaposed against roiling swells of the south Atlantic Ocean. On this journey you'll have the opportunity to marvel at these geological wonders and admire the remarkable creatures that make their home in this vast and varied landscape–leopards, rhinos, zebras, antelopes and elephants. By merging academically and aesthetically, direct experience of a unique and otherworldly landscape, this program ofers opportunities to learn about Namibia’s geological, ecological and cultural signifiance.
Day 1. Depart U.S. for Windhoek, Namibia
Day 2. Windhoek
Day 3. Windhoek / Outjo
Day 4. Outjo
Day 5. Outjo / Etosha National Park
Day 6. Etosha National Park
Day 7. Etosha / Damaraland
Day 8. Twyfelfontein
Day 9. Damaraland / Swakopmund
Day 10. Swakopmund / Walvis Bay
Day 11. Swakopmund / Sosussvlei (Namib Desert)
Day 12. Sossusvlei
Day 13. Sossusvlei / Windhoek / Depart for U.S.
- Climb the towering red sand dunes in Soussevlei.
- Stand amid the petrifie forest in the Namib - the world’s oldest desert.
- Experience a wildlife safari in the famous Etosha National Park.
- Meet with conservationists working to save the endangered rhino and Africa’s Big Cats.
- Level of difficulty: Easy to Moderate. Due to the nature of the areas we will be visiting, this program involves some walking on uneven terrain or up and down stairs possibly without handrails.