Inspiration, a connection to the past, and nature's beauty are the gifts of this 10-day American expedition. Tracing the historic paths and natural splendors of the Old West joined by an expert Orbridge Expedition Leader, see and learn about the storied sights and monuments of Badlands National Park, Custer State Park, Spearfish Canyon, Yellowstone National Park, and Grand Teton National Park. Witness bison herds, savor a chuck wagon cook-out, see Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial, visit a wooly mammoth dig site, and, at the volcanically active caldera of Yellowstone, see otherworldly geothermal sites. Wonderfully atmospheric hotels and lodges are a highlight of this program, including landmark lodging within the parks themselves. Traveling comfortably in a private motor coach, there is no better way to see our national parks.
Day 1: Arrive in Rapid City, SD
Day 2: Badlands National Park / Custer State Park
Day 3: Custer State Park / Hot Springs
Day 4: Mount Rushmore / Tatanka
Day 5: The Ranch at Ucross / Cody, WY
Day 6: Cody / Yellowstone National Park
Day 7: Yellowstone National Park
Day 8: Grand Teton National Park / Jackson
Day 9: Jackson
Day 10: Depart Jackson
- Experience the diverse wonders of our National Parks accompanied by an Orbridge Expedition Leader.
- Enjoy a chuck wagon cookout after a visit to Custer State Park—a wildlife reserve with scenic lakes, dramatic granite spires, and lush grasslands where bison herds roam.
- Marvel at the grandeur of Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, and the world’s largest mammoth site, where scientists are excavating remains of Columbian and woolly mammoths from 26,000 years ago.
- See the dramatic effects of Yellowstone’s volcanically active caldera and visit otherworldly geothermal sites including Old Faithful Geyser.
- What's included: 9 nights accommodations; 9 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 6 dinners; full guiding services of an Orbridge Expedition Leader; admission and park fees; luggage porterage; all gratuities; and airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.