Join us for this incomparable nine-day journey through the mighty locks of the Panama Canal to the Costa Rican rainforest. Cruise for seven nights aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star Le Champlain. Experience a daylight passage through the awe-inspiring Panama Canal. Visit Panama’s San Blas Islands and tour Panama City. Call at rarely visited Isla Cébaco. Explore the terrestrial wonders of Costa Rica’s National Parks, wildlife refuges and pristine waters, which diverse marine life call home. Spend one night in a deluxe hotel in San José. Enjoy lectures by exclusive onboard study leaders. Dynamic Panama Pre-Program and Costa Rica’s Cloud Forests and Volcanoes Post-Program Options.
Day 1. Depart the U.S. /Panama City, Panama/Colón/Embark Le Champlain
Day 2. San Blas Islands
Day 3. Colón/Panama Canal Transit/Panama City
Day 4. Panama City
Day 5. Isla Cébaco
Day 6. Quepos for Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
Day 7. Curú National Wildlife Refuge
Day 8. Puerto Caldera/Disembark ship/San José
Day 9. San José/Return to the U.S. or Canada
- Blue Eye—a multisensory innovation—the first ever luxury underwater observation lounge featuring large subaquatic windows, bionics and biomimetics, wall-mounted digital screens and a specially designed global listening system to immerse you in the wondrous sights and sounds of marine life beneath the surface of the ocean.
- Continuing the tradition of unique small ship itineraries.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the newest Five-Star expedition ship Le Champlain, launching in 2018, accessing ports unavailable to larger vessels.
- Intimate ship—only 92 spacious Suites and Staterooms (up to 484 sq. ft.).
- Once-in-a-lifetime daytime passage through the Panama Canal.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages and complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the cruise.
- One port of call every day and an excursion included in each port.
- Specially arranged onboard lectures.
- Visit Panama City’s Casco Antiguo, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Comprehensive cruise/land program—ocean, jungle, wildlife, islands and culture.
- Early Booking Savings!
- Dynamic Panama—The Renaissance of a City Pre-Program Option.
- Costa Rica’s Cloud Forests and Volcanoes Post-Program Option.