Begin your nine-day expedition with a night in San José, Costa Rica, then cruise for seven nights aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star expedition ship Le Bellot, from the Costa Rican rainforest through the mighty locks of the Panama Canal—an experience unmatched for sheer drama and engineering prowess. Explore the wonders of Costa Rica’s Curú National Wildlife Refuge and Manuel Antonio National Park and visit seldom-visited Cébaco Island. Tour Panama City and experience a daylight passage through the awe-inspiring Panama Canal. Extend your stay with the San José Pre-Program and/or Panama City Post-Program Options.
Day 1. Depart the U.S. or Canada / Arrive in San José, Costa Rica
Day 2. San José/Puerto Caldera/Embark Le Bellot
Day 3. Curú National Wildlife Refuge/Tortuga Island
Day 4. Quepos for Manuel Antonia National Park
Day 5. Rio Seco Rainforest
Day 6. Cébaco, Panama
Day 7. Panama City
Day 8. Panama City/Colón
Day 9. Colón/Panama City/ Depart for U.S. or Canada
- Tour of San José, including visits to the National Theater and National Museum.
- Guided tour through Curú National Wildlife Refuge to see a wide array of wildlife in its natural habitat.
- Excursion to remote Tortuga Island.
- Excursion in stunning Manuel Antonio National Park with a naturalist-led trail walk in protected rainforest.
- Visit to unspoiled Cébaco Island, with opportunities to swim and snorkel.
- Tour of Panama City, highlighted by visits the new Frank Gehry‑designed Biodiversity Museum and the Panama Canal’s informative Miraflores Visitor Center.
- Daylight passage through the Panama Canal, accompanied by a narration on the history of the canal.
- Five-Star expedition ship Le Bellot, featuring the Blue Eye Observation Lounge - a subaquatic observation lounge - and private balcony in all 92 Suites and Staterooms.