Elude the depths of winter and experience seafaring in its most timeless form on this custom-designed, seven-night sailing experience amid the Caribbean’s tropical Windward Islands. Enjoy classic “life under sail”—the very best way to see the islands—aboard the exclusively chartered, 64-passenger, three-masted sailing yacht Le Ponant, featuring all ocean-view Staterooms and an Observation Platform, ideal for viewing marine life and snorkeling amidst colorful coral reefs. Cruise from Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, into secluded harbors, exploring the natural and cultural treasures of the Windward Islands. Visit Soufriére’s Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens, volcano and Sulphur Springs; Martinique’s Clément Plantation and Rum Distillery; St. Vincent and the Grenadines, including Bequia’s seaside Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary, Union Island with its dramatic volcanic peaks juxtaposing its flat and shallow coral reefs, and the awe-inspiring lagoons of Tobago Cays Marine Park; Grenada, the Spice Island; and Bridgetown, Barbados, known for colonial architecture, vibrant Bajan culture and, of course, the ever-blue ocean.
Day 1. Depart the U.S./Vieux Fort, St. Lucia/Embark Le Ponant
Day 2. Soufriére, St. Lucia/Rodney Bay
Day 3. Fort-de-France, Martinique
Day 4. Kingstown, St. Vincent/Admiralty Bay, Port Elizabeth, Bequia, Grenadines/Chatham Bay, Union Island
Day 5. Chatham Bay/Tobago Cays/St. George’s, Grenada
Day 6. St. George’s
Day 7. Bridgetown, Barbados
Day 8. Bridgetown/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S.
- Experience “life under sail” aboard the exclusively chartered Le Ponant, a traditional motor/sailing yacht with sleek, stylish beauty.
- Only 32 Staterooms—a truly intimate sailing experience.
- All meals included—superb international cuisine on board the ship; complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise.
- Specially designed itinerary to the southern Caribbean’s Windward Islands, rarely visited and inaccessible to larger vessels.
- Complimentary snorkeling equipment and opportunities to experience the coral reefs and marine life of the Grenadines.
- Enjoy flavorful, French-inspired cuisine; each meal served in a single, unassigned seating.
- Tastefully designed accommodations.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are served throughout the cruise.
- With 16,000 square feet of sails, sleek lines and stylish beauty, Le Ponant takes you back to the era of traditional sailing yachts.