Join us for a unique, comprehensive, seven-night journey to Norway’s majestic fjords and Scotland’s rarely visited Orkney and Shetland Islands, remote destinations forever linked by their Viking heritage. Cruise from Bergen, Norway, to Glasgow, Scotland, aboard the exclusively chartered, newest Five-Star, small ship LE CHAMPLAIN with 100% ocean-view Suites and Staterooms. Travel in the wake of Viking explorers, cruising into ports accessible only by small ship amid spectacular landscapes in this seafaring region steeped in history and cultural richness. Enjoy a specially arranged ride on Norway’s Flåm Railway, one of the world’s most scenic rail journeys, and a full-day scenic excursion into the Scottish Highlands, with visits to Fort William, Glenfinnan and Glencoe. Visit Kirkwall in the Orkney Islands; prehistoric Jarlshof in the Shetland Islands; the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Orkney’s Neolithic Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae, including a special presentation by the Ness of Brodgar archaeological site director and head archaeologist; and Bergen’s picturesque Bryggen. Norway/Copenhagen Pre-Cruise and Edinburgh/Glasgow Post-Cruise Options.
Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, Norwegian Fjords
Day 1. Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2. Bergen, Norway/Embark LE CHAMPLAIN
Day 3. Bergen
Day 4. Cruising the Norwegian Fjords/Flåm Railway
Day 5. Lerwick, Shetland Islands, Scotland, for prehistoric site of Jarlshof
Day 6. Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, for Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae
Day 7. Kyle of Lochalsh for Isle of Skye
Day 8. Fort William and the Scottish Highlands
Day 9. Glasgow/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Cruise itinerary is subject to change.
- Introducing the extraordinary Blue Eye, the world’s first multisensory, underwater observation lounge.
- Uniquely designed itinerary available only through
- Gohagan & Company—all excursions included.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the new Five-Star expedition ship CHAMPLAIN, accessing ports unavailable to larger vessels.
- Private balcony for every Suite and Stateroom.
- Only 92 Suites and Staterooms.
- Specially arranged ride on Norway’s Flåm Railway—one of the world’s most scenic rail journeys.
- Explore the Inner Hebridean, Orkney and Shetland Islands.
- See the Orkney Islands’ Neolithic monuments—the Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae, both UNESCO World Heritage sites—and the Shetland Islands’ 5000-year-old prehistoric site of Jarlshof.
- Specially arranged lecture by Nick Card, Ness of Brodgar’s director and head archaeologist.
- Ample time in picturesque Bergen, featuring Bryggen,
- its UNESCO World Heritage-designated Old Wharf.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise and complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship.
- Wonders of Norway and Copenhagen Pre-Cruise Option and Edinburgh and Glasgow Post-Cruise Option.