Join us for a unique, comprehensive, seven-night journey to Norway’s majestic fjords and Scotland’s rarely visited Orkney and Shetland Islands, remote destinations forever linked by their Viking heritage. You'll be joined by Admiral James Stavridis (F83, FG84), the 16th Supreme Allied Commander from 2009 to 2013. Cruise from Bergen, Norway, to Glasgow, Scotland, aboard the exclusively chartered, newest Five-Star, small ship LE DUMONT-D'URVILLE with 100% ocean-view Suites and Staterooms. Travel in the wake of Viking explorers, cruising into ports accessible only by small ship amid spectacular landscapes in this seafaring region steeped in history and cultural richness. Enjoy a specially arranged ride on Norway’s Flåm Railway, one of the world’s most scenic rail journeys, and a full-day scenic excursion into the Scottish Highlands, with visits to Fort William, Glenfinnan and Glencoe. Visit Kirkwall in the Orkney Islands; prehistoric Jarlshof in the Shetland Islands; the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Orkney’s Neolithic Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae, including a special presentation by the Ness of Brodgar archaeological site director and head archaeologist; and Bergen’s picturesque Bryggen. Edinburgh/Glasgow Pre-Cruise option and Norway/Copenhagen Post-Cruise option.
Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, Norwegian Fjords
Day 1. Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2. Glasgow, Scotland / Embark Le Dumont d'Urville
Day 3. Fort William and the Scottish Highlands
Day 4. Kyle of Lochalsh for Isle of Skye
Day 5. Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, for Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae
Day 6. Lerwick, Shetland Islands, for prehistoric site of Jarlshof
Day 7. Sognefjord, Norway / Flåm Railway
Day 8. Bergen
Day 9. Bergen / Disembark ship / Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Cruise itinerary is subject to change.
- Uniquely designed Gohagan & Company itinerary — all excursions included.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the new Five-Star expedition ship Le Dumont d'Urville, accessing ports unavailable to larger vessels.
- Only 92 suites and staterooms, each with a private balcony.
- Faculty host is Admiral James Stavridis (F83, FG84), the 16th Supreme Allied Commander from 2009 to 2013 and Dean of The Fletcher School for 5 years.
- Specially arranged ride on Norway’s Flåm Railway—one of the world’s most scenic rail journeys.
- Explore the Inner Hebridean, Orkney and Shetland Islands.
- See the Orkney Islands’ Neolithic monuments—the Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae, both UNESCO World Heritage sites—and the Shetland Islands’ 5,000-year-old prehistoric site of Jarlshof.
- Ample time in picturesque Bergen, featuring a walking tour of the Bryggen historic waterfront.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise and complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship.
- Edinburgh and Glasgow Pre-Cruise option and Wonders of Norway and Copenhagen Post-Cruise option.