Join this exclusive, nine-day French sojourn in world-famous Provence and in the Burgundy and Beaujolais wine regions during the best time of year. Cruise from Provençal Arles to historic Lyon along the fabled Rhône and Saône Rivers aboard the exclusively chartered, deluxe Amadeus Provence. Visit the Roman Amphitheater in Arles, the medieval Papal Palace of Avignon, the Roman city of Orange and the Hôtel-Dieu in Beaune. Enjoy an excursion to Beaujolais for a private wine tasting and a walking tour of old Lyon. Palette of Provence Pre-Cruise Option and Geneva and the French Alps Post-Cruise Option.
Marseille, Arles, Avignon, Pont du Gard, Orange, Tournon, Beaune, Mâcon, Lyon,
Day 1. Depart the U.S.
Day 2. Marseille, France/Arles/Embark Amadeus Provence
Day 3. Arles/Avignon
Day 4. Avignon
Day 5. Avignon/Châteauneuf-du-Pape for Pont du Gard and Orange/Saint-Étienne-des-Sorts
Day 6. Tournon-sur-Rhône and Tain-l’Hermitage
Day 7. Lyon for Beaujolais/Trévoux
Day 8. Chalon-sur-Saône for Beaune/Mâcon
Day 9. Lyon/Disembark ship/Return to U.S.
- Uniquely designed travel program featuring a cruise along the Rhône and Saône Rivers during the best time of year.
- A comprehensive nine-day journey featuring the best of Provence, Burgundy and Beaujolais.
- Seven-night cruise aboard the exclusively chartered, deluxe small river ship Amadeus Provence, launched in 2017.
- In Provence, explore 2000 years of Roman history, an artist’s palette of beautiful scenery and lavender fields.
- Dock in the heart of port towns.
- Visit to the world-renowned Burgundy hills vineyards and a private wine tasting at the exquisite Château Montmelas.
- An unforgettable journey providing a unique perspective on Roman and French history, culture and architecture.
- Visit six UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Audio headset provided for each participant to enjoy clear narration from guides on all excursions.
- Palette of Provence Pre-Cruise Option.
- Geneva and the French Alps Post-Cruise Option.