From the high alpine splendor of St. Moritz, Switzerland, to the Italian Lakes tucked into Italy’s Lombardy region — fall in love with two naturally beautiful, culturally distinct countries on this scenic eight-night journey. Spend four nights in St. Moritz, the mountain resort town loved by royals, celebrities and outdoor enthusiasts alike, and journey by train to the colorful Swiss town of Zuoz. Board the Bernina Express and gaze at dramatic vistas as you ride from snowy peaks to temperate Tirano in hours! Pass little Swiss villages on a drive to Tremezzo, sitting on the shores of Lake Como. Cruise to the quaint villages of Bellagio and Como, and see Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Last Supper” in Milan. Stroll through palace gardens in the Borromean Islands and learn cooking secrets at a family-owned restaurant. This engaging program includes first-class accommodations and an extensive meal plan including wine with dinner.
Prof. Steve Chapra
Day 1. Depart gateway city
Day 2. Arrive in Zürich | Transfer to St. Moritz
Day 3. St. Moritz | Zuoz
Day 4. Bernina Express | Tirano
Day 5. St. Moritz
Day 6. Maloja Pass | Como | Stresa
Day 7. Borromean Islands
Day 8. Milan
Day 9. Stresa
Day 10. Transfer to Milan airport and depart for gateway city
- Witness majestic scenery carved by ancient glaciers aboard the historic Bernina Express, the highest rail crossing in the Alps.
- Indulge in the cosmopolitan ambience of St. Moritz, a jet-set resort town.
- Cruise on Lake Como, where golden sunlight dances across azure waters.
- Stroll through beautiful botanic gardens while listening to the melodies of birds on the Borromean Islands.
- Wind your way over the stunning Maloja Pass, past a canvas of pristine lakes and picture-perfect villages.
- Gaze at Leonardo’s incredible “The Last Supper” during a visit to Milan.
- Discover the secrets of northern Italy’s cuisine during a cooking lesson.
- Experience two UNESCO World Heritage sites.