This unique and exclusive nine-day itinerary and small ship voyage showcases the coastal jewels of the Iberian Peninsula between Barcelona, Spain, and Lisbon, Portugal, during the best time of year. Cruise ancient trade routes from the Mediterranean Sea to the Atlantic Ocean aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star Le Lyrial. This state-of-the-art small ship, launched in 2015, features 110 ocean-view Suites and Staterooms and complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages and Wi-Fi throughout the ship. Sail up Spain’s legendary Guadalquivir River, “the great river,” into the heart of beautiful Seville, an exclusive opportunity only available on this itinerary and by small ship. Visit Portugal’s lesser-traveled Algarve region and the regal city of Granada, Spain. Stand on the “Top of the Rock” to see the Pillars of Hercules spanning the scenic Strait of Gibraltar and call on the enchanting Balearic Island of Mallorca. Visit the Baroque Church of St. Anthony, with its intricate gilded carved wood interior in Lagos. During daily port calls and included excursions, enjoy stunning scenery and see four UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Barcelona, Mallorca, Valencia, Granada, Gibraltar, Andalusia, Seville, Lisbon
Day 1. Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2. Barcelona, Spain/Embark Le Lyrial
Day 3. Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands
Day 4. Valencia
Day 5. Motril for Granada, Andalusia
Day 6. Gibraltar, British Overseas Territory
Day 7. Cruise the Guadalquivir River into Seville, Andalusia, Spain
Day 8. Portimão, the Algarve, Portugal, for Lagos
Day 9. Lisbon/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
- Unique, exclusively chartered small ship itinerary.
- Five-Star small ship launched in 2015 with access to ports unavailable to larger vessels.
- Special cruise up the Guadalquivir River into the heart of Seville, possible only by small ship.
- One port of call every day and an excursion included in every port.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are available throughout the cruise; all meals are included aboard ship.
- Specially arranged educational lectures.
- Five great cities—Barcelona, Valencia, Granada, Seville and Lisbon—paired with the fascinating Algarve region.
- Visit enchanting, seldom-visited Palma de Mallorca in the Balearic Islands and the Great Rock of Gibraltar.
- Barcelona Pre-Cruise and Lisbon Post-Cruise Options.