Northern Italy beckons with its remarkable heritage and alpine splendor, where snow-dusted peaks give way to pristine lakes and cascading valleys. On this extraordinary seven-night journey, discover the striking contrasts and rich cultures of the Trentino and South Tyrol regions. Stay in the capital city of Trento, known for its Renaissance-style architecture and serene ambience. Visit towns brimming with medieval treasures and revel in exquisite vistas, from the jagged Dolomites to clutches of lyrical villages. Unravel Bolzano’s intriguing mix of Italian and Germanic influences, witness prehistoric treasures at the South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology and admire Verona’s piazzas, the exquisite setting for Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet.” Plus, cruise on Lake Garda, exalted by writers such as Tennyson and Catullus, to one of Italy's best-preserved castles. Along the way, indulge in a diverse and rewarding food culture. Handcrafted for your enjoyment, this small-group journey features a first-class hotel and an extensive meal plan. No single supplement for solo travelers!
Day 1. Depart U.S./Canada
Day 2. Arrive in Verona, Italy and transfer to hotel in Trento
Day 3. Bolzano
Day 4. Trento
Day 5. Verona
Day 6. Great Dolomite Road/Ortisei
Day 7. Limone sul Garda/Lake Garda/Malcensine
Day 8. Trento
Day 9. Transfer to Verona airport/Depart for U.S./Canada
- Be captivated by the extraordinary beauty of the Dolomites, a canvas of snow-dusted peaks, spectacular rock formations and cascading emerald vineyards.
- Discover an idyllic clutch of pretty piazzas, serene parks and an ancient Roman arena in romantic Verona, the setting for Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet.”
- Cruise Lake Garda, ringed by vineyards, lemon gardens and attractive harbors.
- Delight in traditional dishes of northern Italy.
- Explore the old-world charm of Bolzano, with its enticing blend of German and Italian cultures.
- Enjoy seven nights at the first-class Grand Hotel Trento