This incredible nine-day journey features a four-night cruise in the Galápagos Islands, a nature lover’s dream destination and UNESCO World Heritage site, aboard the first-class, small ship Santa Cruz II. This exploration vessel is equipped for the complete Galápagos experience, from a fleet of Zodiacs and a glass-bottom boat to certified naturalists and complimentary snorkeling gear. Visit six islands where the unique wildlife accepts up-close human interaction like nowhere else on Earth. On mainland Ecuador, enjoy three nights exploring the colonial treasures of UNESCO-inscribed Quito, one of South America’s most captivating cities nearby, and stand on the equator. Six-night Machu Picchu, Cuzco, Sacred Valley and Lima Post-Program Option.
- Three nights in the Five-Star JW Marriott Hotel.
- Full Western breakfast each morning.
- Welcome Reception.
- Tour of Quito’s UNESCO World Heritage‑designated historic colonial district.
- Visit to Casa del Alabado Museum, a private museum of pre‑Columbian art.
- Excursion to the equator, including a visit to the fascinating Ethnographic Museum.
- Complimentary kayaking and snorkeling equipment for further exploration of the Galápagos’s unique biome and diverse marine life.
Day 1: Depart the U.S./Arrive in Quito, Ecuador
Day 2: Quito
Day 3: Quito/Equator/Quito
Day 4: Quito/Fly to Baltra Island, Galápagos Islands/EmbarkSanta Cruz II/Santa Cruz Island for Dragon Hill
Day 5: Punta Vicente, Isabela Island/Punta Espinosa, Fernandina Island
Day 6: Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz Island, for Charles Darwin Research Station
Day 7: Post Office Bay, Floreana Island/Champion Islet/Cormorant Point
Day 8: Baltra Island/Disembark ship/Fly to Guayaquil/Depart for the U.S.
Day 9: Arrive in the U.S. Itinerary is subject to change.