A new aquatics center for Tufts swimming and diving—and the greater Tufts community
It’s time for a championship-level aquatics center. A facility designed to bring our Tufts swimming and diving family even closer together by strengthening the bonds between student-athletes, alumni, and coaches, and just as important, by providing a gathering and recreation space for all members of the Tufts community.
The new aquatics center will set a new competitive standard
Our new aquatics center will transform not only our Jumbo swimming and diving program, but also our campus-wide recreation and fitness and wellness programming, by:
- Enabling Tufts to host NESCAC championships, NCAA championships, and other high-level swimming competitions on campus, thereby increasing visibility of our university.
- Putting our swimming and diving program in a position to recruit the most talented student-athletes from around the world and compete for NESCAC and NCAA championships every year.
- Allowing full-team practices and eliminating the need for our diving student-athletes to train and compete off-campus.
- Creating a large, multiuse space that will generate countless new opportunities for club sports, recreation, and fitness and wellness programs to benefit our faculty, staff, and student body.
- Providing the entire Tufts community with a beautiful new gathering place and center for excellence.
We have an opportunity to build an aquatics center worthy of our swimming and diving teams. Every member of the Jumbo family, and every donation—large or small—is essential to support this initiative and keep it moving forward. To learn how you can help, contact Mark Adzigian, A88, senior associate director of development for athletics, at 617-627-0376 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anatomy of a standard-setting aquatics center:
- 50-by-25-meter Olympic-sized pool
- Two 1-meter and two 3-meter diving boards
- Seating for 1,000 spectators
- Timing system and scoreboard
- Locker rooms for team and Tufts community
- Wet classroom
- Aquatics center
- Seating/Concourse (2)
- Upper lobby
- Conference room
- Viewing deck
- Coaching suite
- Team rooms (2)
- General student locker rooms (2)
- Staff locker rooms (2)
- Head coach's office
- Reception desk
- Assistant coaches' offices (2)
- Lifeguard office
- Diving platforms (4)
“I’m excited to think about the team potential and relationships that will be even closer with a facility that can accommodate our needs. This new facility would also give full-time coaches an extra two to four hours per weekday to work with athletes individually as well as work on program development.”
“This will be an environment where nationally ranked swimmers and divers will push beyond their combined expectations of themselves, within a culture of success, while fulfilling dreams that will help them discover their true potential.”