Time to take the field—and our team—to a new level
The Tufts Baseball Stadium project will help the Jumbos remain a perennial power in the NESCAC and New England. It will make our team more competitive than ever on the national stage. Ultimately, it will become a new center of excellence on our campus.
Building our field, as well as our national reputation
Turning our field into one of NESCAC’s best diamonds isn’t just about Jumbo pride. It’s about winning. In lots of ways. For starters, the new field puts Tufts baseball in a position to compete for NESCAC and NCAA championships for years to come. In addition, once synthetic turf, stadium lights, and expanded seating are installed:
- Tufts baseball will be eligible to host the NESCAC Tournament and NCAA Regional championships.
- The field can be used year-round and will enable the Jumbos to practice and compete even in inclement weather.
- Tufts baseball will become even more attractive to the highest-caliber student-athletes.
- The university will gain a multipurpose facility that can be used day and night by club sports, intramurals, other varsity teams, and local youth teams—thus benefitting the entire Tufts community.
- FUNDRAISING PROGRESS: To date we have raised $5,941,389 towards the goal of $6,600,000 needed to fund our new Tufts Baseball Stadium.
- A TEAM EFFORT: So far 256 alumni, parents, and friends have made financial commitments toward our new stadium.
It’s time to take Tufts baseball to the next level. The Tufts Baseball Stadium project is a vital next step in getting there. We can’t do it without you. Every member of the Jumbo family, and every donation—large or small—is crucial to the project’s success. Learn how you can support the Baseball Stadium project today! Contact Mark Adzigian, A88, senior associate director of development for athletics, at 617-627-0376 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lineup of improvements:
- New synthetic-turfed field
- An elevated press box
- Stadium lights
- Improved bullpens
- More than 350 new seats
- High-quality batting cages
- Baseball Stadium - Named
- Baseball Field - Named
- Dugouts (2)
- Bullpens (2)
- Batting cage
- Press box
- Individual seats
- Bleachers (2 sections)
- Foul poles (2)
- Starting Nine Legacy Program (9)
Baseball Stadium Committee:
- Mark Adzigian, A88, senior assoc. dir., athletics development
- Than Finan, assoc. dir., annual fund for athletics
- Elliot Katzman, E09P
- Matt Lyman, E96
- John Morris, director of athletics
- Jon Mugar, A98
- Russell O'Brien, A79, A20P
- Matt Scheck, director of development
- John Shelvey, A95
- Paul Svagdis, A93, head coach
"Tufts Baseball has always been a top program in New England and produced high-caliber young men. This new stadium will honor the legacy of all who have worn the Brown & Blue and provide a first-class ballpark for future generations of Jumbos and their families to enjoy.”
“This new facility will be a game changer for Tufts baseball—a perfect classroom for Coach Svagdis to continue teaching, mentoring, and inspiring our student-athletes to excel on the field and become great leaders and great people.”
Interactive donor wall
We thank our generous donors who have already made a gift to support our new Tufts Baseball Stadium. It will take a true team effort to reach our goal and make the new stadium a reality for our student-athletes, coaches, alumni, parents, and friends. Find your name on our interactive donor wall and see which of your teammates are already behind the project and which class years are leading the charge.