Tufts Parents Leadership Council: An invitation to lead
The Parents Leadership Council is a small group of Tufts parents who facilitate the advancement of the university by serving as ambassadors, providing feedback on special projects, activities and communications, and providing philanthropic support. Members share a common interest in strengthening the academic mission and reputation of the university, and in doing so, enhancing the student experience overall.
Parents Leadership Council members lead by example, demonstrating their support of Tufts by:
- Making leadership gifts every year in support of the university’s top priorities.
- Members donate over $1M annually
- PLC members led the way on #GivingTuesday, acting as challenge donors and encouraging other parents to support Tufts
- Hosting and attending receptions to introduce university leadership to parents in their regions as well as hosting summer receptions to welcome incoming students and their families to Tufts
- Serving as ambassadors by fostering relationships with fellow parents to broaden their knowledge of the university and encourage their support
- Providing feedback and guidance on special projects as needed
- Members came together to provide special goodie bags to Jumbos during their 2021 Spring Break staycation
- PLC members have provided feedback to university leadership related to Supporting Undergraduates’ Well-Bring: The efforts of the Mental Health Task Force
- Identifying opportunities for corporate or foundation support through personal and professional networks
- Attending the Parents Leadership Council reception and annual meeting held every fall during Parents and Family Weekend, as well as 2-4 virtual meetings throughout the year.
- Special guest speakers have included Tufts President, Provost, Deans, and other senior administrators
Parents Leadership Council members receive exclusive e-newsletters and communications from Tufts. Members benefit from invitations to special events and reserved seating at certain university events.
Council membership is by invitation. If you would like to learn more about the Parents Leadership Council, please contact: Gina DeSalvo at email@example.com.