Travel along the Columbia and Snake Rivers as early explorers, settlers, and native Americans did—by the waterways that stretch far inland from the Pacific Ocean. You’ll experience the region’s history, harvests, and landscapes sailing through a beautiful land that offers access to fantastic wineries, places to kayak and hike, and extraordinary scenery. Taste local fruit from a nearby orchard and enjoy views of Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams. Learn of the struggles experienced by Meriwether Lewis and William Clark while they made their way to the Pacific Coast.
Clarkston, Clarkston, Palouse River, Astoria, Portland
Day 1. Clarkston, Washington/Embark
Day 2. Clarkston, Washington
Day 3. Palouse River
Day 4. Cruising
Day 5-6. Columbia River Gorge / Hood River
Day 7. Astoria
Day 8. Portland / Disembark
Clarkston - Palouse River - Columbia Gorge - Astoria - Portland
- Sail in the wake of Lewis and Clark and their legendary Corps of Discovery expedition.
- Spend a day cruising the spectacular Columbia River Gorge.
- Experience the region up close on Zodiac and kayak excursions on the Palouse River or by hiking monumental Beacon Rock.
- Transit a series of eight locks that lift the ship 700 feet—10 times the elevation of the Panama Canal.
- Taste and drink the bounty of the region through its harvests and fresh, local, and delectable cuisine and wine.