Experience the cultures and time-honored heritage of eight distinct countries while sailing the Danube River! Plus, bookend your cruise with stays in Sofia, Bulgaria, and Prague, Czech Republic. This special, handcrafted itinerary presents fascinating landmarks, iconic cities and authentic experiences to provide you with an up-close look at each destination. Witness cathedrals, synagogues and fortresses that spring from the pages of storybooks, and stroll through medieval towns brimming with hallowed history. Visit Vienna, Bratislava and Belgrade, and feast your eyes on an illuminated Budapest on an evening cruise. During your nine-night river adventure, discover beauty around every bend, from the picturesque Wachau Valley to Melk Abbey and the Iron Gate Gorge to idyllic villages perched above. Taste delicacies in Croatia’s Slavonia region and celebrate rich culture while enjoying a folk show and Viennese waltz performance. Along the way, included excursions immerse you in each destination’s cuisine, architecture, local life and much more. You’ll enjoy first-class ship accommodations, deluxe hotels and a generous meal plan featuring wine and beer with lunch and dinner.
Day 1. Depart U.S./Canada
Day 2. Arrive in Sofia, Bulgaria and transfer to hotel
Day 3. Sofia
Day 4. Sofia/Vidin/Embark MS Amadeus Silver III
Day 5. Iron Gate Gorge
Day 6. Belgrade, Serbia
Day 7. Vukovar, Croatia/Osijek
Day 8. Mohacs, Hungary/Pécs
Day 9. Budapest
Day 10. Bratislava, Slovakia
Day 11. Vienna, Austria
Day 12. Dürnstein/Wachau Valley/Melk
Day 13. Passau/Disembark Ship/Prague, Czech Republic
Day 14. Prague
Day 15. Prague
Day 16. Transfer to Prague airport and depart for U.S./Canada
- Witness Budapest’s glowing, amber skyline during an evening sail on the Danube.
- Gaze at the scenic wonder of the Iron Gate Gorge, an engineering marvel.
- Discover the history and grandeur of timeless Vienna.
- Delight in the beguiling, relaxed ambience of Bratislava’s old town.
- Sip full-bodied, fragrant vintages during a wine tasting in Pécs.
- Marvel at the lush, storybook landscape of the Wachau Valley.
- Savor a moment of quiet thought in the marbled halls of Melk Abbey.
- Experience five UNESCO World Heritage sites.